I'm not just a pretty Tree Surgeon

Dean Lofthouse

I dont know Robert, I thought it strange when I stripped the slates off. You look up from down below and the lats and soakers can be seen under the soffits, strange??

Every roof on that row of houses is different.

I think more for security, 6 tiles off and a knife and you are in :thumbdown:

I would also think the roof being sheeted with a break in the bond would give the full structure so much more strength, rubber shield is good stuff I think the pro is breathable so you don't need as many vents.

Good job though mate, it's great being multi talented eh :biggrin:

Sarking may be a Scottish thing because you get more of a battering from the weather than we do, but it is rare here. I built my garage and used sarking but you only see it on posh houses here.

I was on about under the eaves, theres normally a small amount of sarking sealing it off, but the lats go straight out no boarding under them

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

Sarking may be a Scottish thing because you get more of a battering from the weather than we do, but it is rare here. I built my garage and used sarking but you only see it on posh houses here.

I was on about under the eaves, theres normally a small amount of sarking sealing it off, but the lats go straight out no boarding under them

Dean nail on the head it's a Scottish thing. I'm led to believe sark/sarking is an old Scottish word meaning to cover so my old journey man said:001_rolleyes: nice tidy job you have done with the flashings and re slate

Neighbour was crapping himself because we turned up in the sign written landrover with tree surgery written all over it and started taking the roof off.

Surely it said Dean Loft-House tree surgery though?

Nice work though mate, if more people did this then everyone would be happier.

Dean nail on the head it's a Scottish thing. I'm led to believe sark/sarking is an old Scottish word meaning to cover so my old journey man said:001_rolleyes: nice tidy job you have done with the flashings and re slate

Haa...nice one.

I only did it on my workshop / garage to prevent burgulars because they did exactly as Robert said on my old workshop, they removed 4 slates and cut the felt and relieved me of 20 brand new dewalt 18v Combi drills.