Looking for work in Essex

new_fella

hey guys im looking for full time work in the Essex area, im currently living in Benfleet, Essex. I have no experience in the field yet but have completed the CS30 late last year and have now got enough cash to do the CS31 in April at Writtle College. Ive got all my own PPE but not a saw (an easily rectified situation though). Im currently in full time employment but in a job I despise so will gladly hand my months notice in ASAP!! Please dont hestitate to reply or PM me if you have any work available. Ive tried e-mailing and calling every firm I can find along with approaching firms that ive seen working on the way to work but as yet no-one is interested in someone with no experience (to be expected I guess!!)

Hold onto that "despised" job mate!

Afterall, one is better than none and this place is a lead balloon when it comes to full time employment figures with the whordes of redundancies/public sector job cuts etc?

eg. neighbour told me today that the Jobcentre could not find him one single factory/warehouse labouring/manual work vacancy in our entire city today?

sufficing to say that arb-work is literally non-existent?

Dire :(

very dire indeed, didnt realise there were such problems in the arb world! Ill be holding onto the job at the moment until I find something permanent, not really in a situation where I could risk not having a job at all, goddam responsibilities!! Cheers for the info thou, dont wanna run the risk of getting into something to then be made redundant straight away!!

give complete tree care a bell he's a agency and had jobs going in essex but more in the romford hornchurch and also the east london area, there was a job going on arb jobs in upminster, and a job going in brentwood/shenfield area and ongar, chelmsford seamed to have a few people looking, bit of the other side for you but always worth a try, dont give up ur first job, start small and work ur way up, working weekends and days off to gain the experiance and do small jobs for freinds and family are always the best way to get the experiance, good luck in ur search mate hope u find something

cool thanks, to be honest I hadnt really considered the voluntary route to get a foot in the door, but will now be offering my services to firms on my days off!! In order to help myself more, is there any reading that people would suggest, i.e arb books about different trees, diseases, fungi etc? Im sure there are many books around but any recommended reading?

Yeah I have tried them, was told there were no vacancies for someone with 'my skill level'. So well put!! :) Cant hold it against them though, theres probably loads of people looking for work with alot me knowledge/training/qualifications than i've got!! Ill keep trying thou, built my knowledge, skill base etc!

• 3 weeks later...