Redruth Cornwall flail needed

eddiegts

Hi Guys,

Ive got a large job coming up (end of march) just outside Redruth cornwall.

I am looking for a tractor with a sidearm flail. the material to be cut is jap Knotweed bramble etc...

also I may need a 6" to 8" chipper for a few days.

If you are in the area and have one could you PM with a day rate with a driver.

I would take mine but trying to save on the transport cost.

Thanks

Ed

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF are you doing A: coming from norfolk, and B: flailing knotweed. I live in redruth and find it ridiculous to say the least that you are even considering crossing the country to flail knotweed!!!!

I have a 10" chipper, and I can supply you with numerous contractors names, but like i say- this is ridiculous!

Edit- is this site on the Porthreath road, the B3300?

Edited by tommer9

WTF are you doing A: coming from norfolk, and B: flailing knotweed. I live in redruth and find it ridiculous to say the least that you are even considering crossing the country to flail knotweed!!!!

I have a 10" chipper, and I can supply you with numerous contractors names, but like i say- this is ridiculous!

Edit- is this site on the Porthreath road, the B3300?

:dito::dito::dito:

You cannot flail JK in any state. As that would be propagating it. It can regenerate from a piece as small as 1mm. It has to either be left in situ or dug up and buried at a minimum depth of 3m. Or cart the same amount of soil volume to a registered waste disposal site/landfill.

Thought it was only the root that that could regenerate may be wrong.

Thought it was only the root that that could regenerate may be wrong.

The root would regenerate in the winter if flailed into a million little pieces. But dont flail it in the summer as everything will regenerate (stems, roots, leaves, etc). In the summer best way to get rid is spray it (Strong Round-up mix normally works).