V.T.A symptoms "the chatty trees"

There is something going on as you state, but with it being A.x carnea i just don't think its Nectria from what i've read, and i've read a lot on HC's in particular this past week:biggrin:

It does have something to do with bud proliferation, honestly:thumbup:

In the last pic you can see the graft line and above where all the "dead spots" or proliferations are starting to occur on the cultivar (and not the stock)

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something going on as you state, but with it being A.x carnea i just don't think its Nectria from what i've read, and i've read a lot on HC's in particular this past week:biggrin:

It does have something to do with bud proliferation, honestly:thumbup:

In the last pic you can see the graft line and above where all the "dead spots" or proliferations are starting to occur on the cultivar (and not the stock)

on the graft because the stock is not prone to the disease, do you not think fungi are responsible also for bud proliferations? Im pretty confidant this will be resolved in favour of the fungi!

research is tending towards a virus of some sort, not fung

I admit that you do sometimes get bud proliferation (different) on A.hippocastanum but nowhere near as much as on A. x carnea and on its on EVERY A. x carnea. There is a suggestion that this mystery virus is the main cause for this proliferation creating the necrosis in the bark and causing these "cankers" due to the genetic make-up of the cultivar

Fungi is an after thought in this case:001_smile:

I'm just trying to find the papers now

research is tending towards a virus of some sort, not fung

I admit that you do sometimes get bud proliferation (different) on A.hippocastanum but nowhere near as much as on A. x carnea and on its on EVERY A. x carnea. There is a suggestion that this mystery virus is the main cause for this proliferation creating the necrosis in the bark and causing these "cankers" due to the genetic make-up of the cultivar

Fungi is an after thought in this case:001_smile:

I'm just trying to find the papers now

at the end of the day, what your saying is youve got nothing solid, as neither do i:001_rolleyes:

but now you say that its on EVERY one, I am even more inclined to stick to my guns!

yup, find me an A. x carnea without proliferations!:sneaky2::001_smile:

Your right, neither of us have solid proof as such but current thought as stated, and research is blaiming a virus:001_rolleyes:

We shall carry on this discussion/argument tomorrow as my computer is about to die (battery) and i can't be bothered finding the charger:lol:

yup, find me an A. x carnea without proliferations!:sneaky2::001_smile:

Your right, neither of us have solid proof as such but current thought as stated, and research is blaiming a virus

We shall carry on this discussion/argument tomorrow as my computer is about to die (battery) and i can't be bothered finding the charger:lol:

pussy!:lol: