fried 200 mx

Lyndon

hey guys :001_smile:

Turned up to work this morning to the smell of cooked electrics:thumbdown:

after speaking to my boss the chipper had blown a 30 amp fuse twice yesterday, after a bit of investagation it turned out that the ecu has melted and schisleing want £600 for a new one so my suggestion was to just wire in a normal ignition barrel which is more like a tenner!

Im going to have to do it and my electrical experience is ok but limited ( I own a 200tdi discovery :001_tongue:)

My question is is which position do i connect the switches ( stop bar/ feed/reverse) feed to? would it be position 3 on a 4 position switch or do i need a swich with more positions?

Position 1 off

Position 2 on

Position 3 heat/run

Position 4 start

Like i said ANY help would be great as im on a steep learning curve here

Thanks all in advance:thumbup1:

is it a kubota key ? is so just replace the ignation

unfortunatly not its an all in one box of tricks speed sensor, digital display, oil pressure sensor and a few other sensors.

I can get rid of the wiring for the sensors as its not imperitave that its there. i just need to have the switches working. I can get the glow plugs and the starter working. its just how to wire in the switches thats got me confused the engine bit is fine i just dont know where to put the switches to on the ignition :confused1:

They ought to be on a switched live from the run position on the switch.

You will need a charge circuit or the battery will be dead in a day or so.

Awsome thanks:001_smile:

No doubt i will be back tomorrow armed with another shed loads of questions.

Thanks again