hiring tractor with roof mount?

cosworth

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where abouts are you? I don't have one but i know a man who does. Does it have to be roof mount or would a trailer do?

Don't know your forwarding experence so a few kit tips:

If its big timber/heavy timber roof mounts either struggle to pick it up or fall over.

If your doing it your self and aren't use to a roof mount its fine as long as 2 wheels are on the ground.

Some older roof mounts have the tank/pump on the 3pl so your can't crane feed a chipper or have a winch on to high lead with..

ahhhh i see , well how much would you want to cover fuel , a days wage for you pluss funning costs of the trctor ? im not beein cheeky but only you can work that out , personally i would give the local utility companies a call especially if you have a timber trailer too , also from time to time they may be interested for rail clearence . other than that contact your loca councils , i know if you were in cornwall i would have plenty of work for u

mate i would charge what your happy earning and covering your costs for .It varies from firm to firm depending on their initial outlay , runnimg costs , machine , etc etc . my best advice is to sit down and work out your costs first , if another guy's tractor is bought and paid for and yours aint then its most likely he can charge less than you , therefore you could work on his prices on effectivley be working for free

I recently priced up a roof mount kit, and the general figure amongst local contractors figure was £300 a day, operator and botex rig, for any distance + transport

In forestry most work on per m3 rate between 7-9£

Edited by roseyweb
extra info

I was thinking hiring it without operator but was wondering if any was doing it just to see

what they charge.

Roof mounts without an opperator could be a disaster make sure who ever is using it has FMO. Or you could find you tractor on its side or the crane sheared off the roof.

I've hurd forwarding rates being as low a £5a m3 closer to a tenner would be safer. I priced up a new Valtra N111 Forestry cab, guarded and with a roof mount Botex 570TL with 11 tonne trailer. That was about 67K. At 7 quid a cube thats 9571 to pay for its self. let alone your time :(