fuel pump help !

defenderjack

right guys ive got a 98 entec but with a deisel lombardini engine on it , i only have a small inline fuel filter on it and it keeps blocking up with rubbish that must be in the tank ,(not usually a problem as i just change filters every so often ) my problem is that the filter recently never seems to fully fill up with fuel ,even using the manual pump i cant get it to fill ?? is there likely to be air in the system somewhere ?or is the pump knackerd ?

Guest Infinitree

Y'alright mate? you go yourself a chipper?

It may be sucking air in somewhere along the line, maybe look for a loose connection somewhere or even if there lil cracks in the line then replace it.

...I'd drain the tank if i were you aswell!

Y'alright mate? you go yourself a chipper?

It may be sucking air in somewhere along the line, maybe look for a loose connection somewhere or even if there lil cracks in the line then replace it.

...I'd drain the tank if i were you aswell!

hello mate , i thought youd pop up ! yeh had it since last june i think :confused1:id love to drain the tank but from what i can gather ive gota take the tank off to do that as there isnt a drain plug (i think ) really annoying me it is !

i had same isssues on my Pezzolato i had to take tank off in end and steam clean it out ! worked a treat and been good as gold since ! the lift / priming pump may have a gauze in it to that would need cleaning other than that make sure all hoses and pipe work is sound and tight ! see how it goes !

David

i had same isssues on my Pezzolato i had to take tank off in end and steam clean it out ! worked a treat and been good as gold since ! the lift / priming pump may have a gauze in it to that would need cleaning other than that make sure all hoses and pipe work is sound and tight ! see how it goes !

David

hey david , yeh i think i know what this weekend is gona hold for me , never thought about the gauze bit that might be worth a look , im just wondering now if i need to take the hopper off to get the tank out :confused1: joy !

Is it a fine brown sludge that is in the filter?

If so, then you arent suffering friom crap in the tank, but bugs in the diesel.DIESEL FUEL BUG

You can buy additives such as Fuel Set Fuel Set Concentrated Fuel Conditioner - Only £18.50 - Force 4 Chandlery which you add. As more bio is put in diesel this is becoming more of a problem. It has been a problem for years in marine diesel due to the condensation from tanks around water, and the cheap grade of red and loads of other things. The bug lives between the water and the diesel, and the sludge is basically dead bugs or their crap I think.

Draining and steam cleaning will help, but without additives the problem will eventually return.

If you are getting grittier fine particles then you probably have dirt in your tank.