ford 7810

timtree81

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? They're overvalued for what they are.

Or are you going to paint it silver and sell it on? :lol:

ha.. i had a lovely silver one.. was only couple years old when i bought it.. replaced it with an 8210 at time.. wish i still had it.. they make a fortune and it was mint... we had 4 7810's when they first came out.. great little 100hp tractors...

we had the 76 and 7710's which were 103hp and replaced them with the 7810's.. bit less hp at 100 but pulled lot better being a 6 cylinder.. we had one on big terra tyres all year round for fertilizin, ring rollin cultivatin etc.. awesome tractor.. that tractor in my avatar is 190hp and does pretty much same work as 7810's used to.. diff bein a 7810 brand new in 1988 was less than 20 grand... a 100 hp tractor new now is at least 40 and one in my avatar nearly 60.... its a joke when we 're gettin same money or less for ton wheat than we did in 1988...

8210 is only 10 hp more.. 7810 with the right tyre/wheel combination will p..s all over it.. 7810 is smalle and more manouverable.. dont get me wrong 8210's are good tractor but 78 better... and 7810 is lot better model than the newer 7840.... lot less to go wrong and easier to fix if fhey do..

I am having a crane trailer built from a brick trailer. I have gone the air brake route for safety and to meet legislation in the future. I hope to hire a tractor now and again as cost of tractor with air will be huge. Could there be the possibility of adding air to an old ford tractor for the occasional local job.