double yellow lines

samarb

This is simple enough to do, I have just checked it with someone I know who manages a parking services contract for the dark side.

What you need to do is call the LA’s parking services and tell them you need to undertake works and that is the only place you can do it (it does need to be the only place).

It should be covered by “Statutory work regulation” (or some such similar) and away you go.

Dare I say it, had a few traffic wardens pass us and turn a blind eye in York City center on every occasion. Even though we were parked partially in a bus stop and on double yellow lines. We did have cones and signs out and had taped off the bus stop. So I think if you are set up proparly you should get away with it.

Right thought I'd check official like today so went to local council, they put me through to highways, they put me through to county council, they put me through to la traffic officer who was sat in an office in the local council (where I went first) then he gave me number for local police station. Called them and they will give me no waiting signs to put on road night before and took reg no and I am to take a picture morning of arrival and to call police if any obstruction.

When working near blind corners on narrow roads, you may notice people take little notice of 'men working' etc signs and coning. Talked to (very helpful) local police and they gave me a couple of POLICE SLOW signs to use. That slows the b****s down!

So if in doubt about yer yellow lines or anything else highway related, try your local Peelers. If you have any problems with anyone 'in authority' questioning your actions, a quick mention about the police etc usually sorts it out, even if you s t r e t c h the truth a bit.

No signs needed and no obstruction to traffic also on middle a avenue so plenty of awareness, all this and didn't get job they thought 150 squid was to much for 45ft multi stem eucalypts take down, even with nd arb, rfs, 10m pl, nptc, 6 monthly crb and a team who love what they do. Maybe this year may be a tough one.