Cs100

RobRainford

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got the 18hp electic start, its only £500 more than the 14hp and the electic start makes it so much easier. I got mine for £4400 inc vat. Great machine but difficult to stabilise in a trailer as it has such a high centre if gravity, i use 4 bungie cords in each corner.

steve,, it's not the straps that are the problem,, it's the shape of the chipper,, to secure properly you want to tie both ends, that then puts force onto the points you really dont want to, all we're asking for is for greenmech to actually think about securing the chipper and to have specific tie down points on the chipper,,

I've took the plunge!

Managed to get a good deal on an ex demo 18hp. With a free set of blades. Well chuffed! Gonna sort it out this week and have it by next weekend!

The demo of the 14hp exceeded my expectations. Did a 40' goat willow and it handled very well did some bigger pieces with it too. Pete showed me the basic maintenance. Which is pretty much the whole chipper! Really good machine. Got some ideas to sort out securing on a trailer. Will have to get the toy first!

Good to meet you the other day Rob. Good to have a bit of banter on site with the guys from the other crew too. I'll get that machine back from the other GreenMech rep next wednesday and get it shoved through the workshop for a service etc and give you a call about delivery. I'll talk to you and Ian from Turner's next week. Cheers

Good to meet you the other day Rob. Good to have a bit of banter on site with the guys from the other crew too. I'll get that machine back from the other GreenMech rep next wednesday and get it shoved through the workshop for a service etc and give you a call about delivery. I'll talk to you and Ian from Turner's next week. Cheers

Was good to meet you too Pete :thumbup: thanks for the demo. I was really impressed! By weds do you mean the 23rd? Or week after? Thanks again Pete

well done Rob, looking forwad to the pics of her in action

I'll get plenty just for you steve! Some vids too!

Saves me carting a big trailer round now. No greenwaste cost as we have a place to leave chip on the farm to compost down. Spending money but saving in the long run!