Best form of advertising?

Danavan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without a doubt word of mouth.. but unfortunatly thats not gonna keep you in work full time.. depends what your budget is... for instance a local paper in our area is around 250 a month.. but same size ad in thompson local or yellow pages is not much more for whole year.. i spend round 15k a year on aderts.. but thats all i do is price work.. theres no point in advertisin if your not gonna have time to look at each and every job..i'd def say put small one in thompson and or yellow pages then put one in local paper.. doesnt have to be in every week.. do what ever u can afdford..

I think you should try all types of advertising to see what works best for you. When you get an inquiry ask where they heard of you and this way you will quickly find what works best in you region.

We advertise online, in magazines and are yet to try fliers but have been tempted to. Word of mouth is now starting to kick in and definitely is the best form of advertising but is the hardest to build up.

To be honest better than ad words on google is to just make your site come up on page 1 for all key word searches you want to be seen for.

'**Mike**TreeSurgeryWebGuy' a member on here does this for us and he has delivered the results we want ranking 1st in many of the searches we want to be top of. His site is Weberr.com.

without a doubt word of mouth.. but unfortunatly thats not gonna keep you in work full time.. depends what your budget is... for instance a local paper in our area is around 250 a month.. but same size ad in thompson local or yellow pages is not much more for whole year.. i spend round 15k a year on aderts.. but thats all i do is price work.. theres no point in advertisin if your not gonna have time to look at each and every job..i'd def say put small one in thompson and or yellow pages then put one in local paper.. doesnt have to be in every week.. do what ever u can afdford..

I5k a year? Most advertising experts will tell you that 5% of income is the most you should ever be spending on advertising, 1% would be ideal. But if we go with the 5% rule, that means you get 300,000K (yes, .3million) return from that advertising, does that sound right?

If not then the people you are advertising with are doing better than you are.

All I got with advertising was more time spent doing free quotations, so the jobs you actually do get have to pay for the ones you dont get which is pointless and lowers your overall proffit %. Especially if the ones you do get are from word of mouth, no point in them subsidising your advertising budget!

where does your money go for it? ie. internet,flyers,local papers. do you count on all that advertisment or word of mouth and such others? you must get a great response back

most of it goes on local papers [especialy for firewood] think we're in 6 or 7 at mo... thompson, yellow pages, BT phone type local books etc.. several internet ads.. i used to do lot more but couldn't get round all the jobs... i'd say for me the best ad's are local papers, way i look at it is one average job will pay for all the weeks ads.. we have a company who puts 5000 flyers out at a time as and when i tell em.. that works very well.. deliverin firewood is also good.. give em a card and 1 outta 10 will call re tree work..i also have a skip hire company and always give them a card which has tree surgery details one side and skip hire on other.. that works well.. but like i said all i do is price work..all tree work is done by my guys unless its stump grindin which i can usualy fit in with pricin.. butwe're always workin so must be doing summin rite...

I5k a year? Most advertising experts will tell you that 5% of income is the most you should ever be spending on advertising, 1% would be ideal. But if we go with the 5% rule, that means you get 300,000K (yes, .3million) return from that advertising, does that sound right?

If not then the people you are advertising with are doing better than you are.

All I got with advertising was more time spent doing free quotations, so the jobs you actually do get have to pay for the ones you dont get which is pointless and lowers your overall proffit %. Especially if the ones you do get are from word of mouth, no point in them subsidising your advertising budget!

Agree with you Rupe on the 5% rule. But in my eyes quotations will always be free and you cannot guarantee that you will win them all. I would like to know if there is anyone out there who charges to quote or just gives a price over the phone. The annoying quotes are the ones that are miles and miles away that end up being £120 worth of work. We normally tell people who contact us from afar our half day and day rate so they know what to expect before we turn up.