The 70's thread

Lee Winger

I'd swap those days for now anyday.......:001_cool:

What!!!!!!?????? Well I wouldnt, I like the creature comforts of modern day living, like being warm and dry, having leccy 24/7, cheaper and more varied foods, cars that are more reliable. Portable radios that are actually portable, being able to go into a pub with the whole family, rather than under 18's having to sit in the car waiting for the parents to come back. Having decent footwear for the winter, instead of those wellies that actually made your feet colder.

Not having to eat rabbit day in, day out cos thats all we could afford.

No, I like the years 2000+.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like NZ in the 1980's was like the UK in the 70's.We had only two channels untill 1989,no Mc Donalds in the South island untill then.T.V. came on after mid day and off at 2400.I wore shorts all through my school time,from five untill 16years old!Used to have to fill the wood box after school and light the fire if it had gone out.We used to go Rabbit shooting before school and hide our Rifles in a hollow Poplar tree at the bus stop!

Ofcourse we would take the ammo and bolts to School..just to be safe!

I grew up in Belfast / Armagh in the '70's. that was interesting times, as you may well imagine.

We moved to the mainland UK in '79, just in time to experience 3 day weeks, work to rule, union strikes, rubbish on the streets, evening blackouts, crap telly and a vote of no confidence in Heaths government.

the best thing about the 70's is that they gave way to the 80's :D