The highlands.

David oakman

Me and Mrs Oakman have not been on holiday for 9 years and this year we thought we would like to go to the highlands of Scotland we have not been to Scotland.

Do any of you Scots know the best places to go? I fancy a guest house or small hotel but the wife wants a small cottage.

Any ideas guys:001_smile:

sorry to derail the thread (not a complete derail, only a minor one) Me and the missus and the kids would also like to go to scotland this summer but camping.

Does anyone know of any good campsites round and between the dumfries to newton stewart area?

Cheers

Get yourself to an island mate, my aunt has a great place in Mull, i will get you details.

It is all very weather dependant Charlie, if you find a remote place then make sure you have a pub and a shop, after that Nature will do the rest.:thumbup1:

And i reckon by the time you go home you will be known as David Pineman:lol:

When i was at Kingston Maurward in the second year of my ND. We stayed in the area around Pitlochry as part of our week long study tour. Very nice area. Would advise either get plane or train as we went up in an LDV Convoy 17 seater minibus (backseats removed for bags). Was good fun for the first 2 hours then it dragged a bit when we got onto the M5. But other than that it was great fun.

Perthshire is stunning mate, But no seaside. East coast is freezing and very windy. Aviemore area is cracking, quite commercial and watch out for mountain bikers, west coast is beautiful, great scenery, great sea food. Thats where i would go.

Last year we went to Tiree, sail from Oban. Not much to see, not much to do at first it was a bit wierd but by the end of the week i didnt want to leave.

Also did Aviemore, which was great with the kids, loads to do and see.

August we went to Mull, rained a alot but the beaches and scenery was awesome. Sea Eagles and Baskin sharks, cracking.