Maggot Bracket

Bart

Spotted this near the base of a declining oak although I suspect it fruited higher up the stem. Think it’s a desiccated Fistulina hepatica, looked at Monkeyd’s thread the other day on desiccated fb so thought id have a prod about and it was riddled with maggots and that reminded me of one of Hammas threads, anyway while on my knees routing about and taking pics of this red maggot filled mess on the floor I look up and my boss is just walking by looking at me, hopefully the point where I sniffed it wasn’t seen :blushing:

ill pop a pic in the desiccated fb thread if we think it is Fistulina

Pics of fb, maggots and tree

oakb7.jpg.df6a3d4bc718f149bf35b6c4c8538573.jpg

oakb8.jpg.ab0b64cb08cebee8c832cf8cfcf55f86.jpg

oakb6.jpg.57a48fdc94a1ddd0d8ddf814f904d431.jpg

oakb.jpg.d0d935afa8be718ade54746db587e0d7.jpg

oakb1.jpg.52fd3582925e1a8174a042a88e9fb468.jpg

oakb5.jpg.054a3e90a19dfe8085ad61b60aa41a78.jpg

oakb4.jpg.bfa36d5d60ff98013220e71c319f688e.jpg

oakb3.jpg.8852560d59709b1540336b679ba88865.jpg

oakb2.jpg.1d82744f58b6623b4d067c8c1611d451.jpg

Fista

All in the name of education, your boss should be pleased :001_rolleyes:

Looks like something I nearly parted with last night after a curry & a couple too many beers :biggrin:

thanks for that david, made me laugh out loud:blushing: and has set me up perfectly for the day ahead:lol:

There are very few people who would come across THAT and be so excited they would post it on a forum. :lol:You are truely dedicated to the cause.

Its amazing the lengths we will go to for this stuff, ive been stung by bees, up to my neck in silt (for P tigrinus, it was soooo worth it!) and even chased 100 yds by hornets from standing on the buttresses of a hollow ash for a hispidus bracket!:lol: ive had a few close encounters with bulls and got an electric fence charge to the knackers for a field parasol!:lol:

mad hatters tea party, and I love that the rot is spreading far and wide:thumbup1: