f c land and police

the villan

short question,could you be prosecuted for driving on fc land for no insurance,even though the police checked and found my car totally roadworthy ,no gates no signs .

the car has full insurance,mot,and tax

:confused1:Make your mind up???????????????????:confused1:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by columbianclive

short question,could you be prosecuted for driving on fc land for no insurance,even though the police checked and found my car totally roadworthy ,no gates no signs .

Quote:

Originally Posted by columbianclive

the car has full insurance,mot,and tax

:confused1:Make your mind up???????????????????:confused1:

when you driving on fc roads or tracks this is classed as a non public highway.

as all tracks/roads are maintained by the fc..

if your car is fully road worthy ie taxed/mot/insured etc, its classed as having no insurance,and off roading,when on there tracks or roads:sneaky2:

....if your car is fully road worthy ie taxed/mot/insured etc, its classed as having no insurance,and off roading,when on there tracks or roads:sneaky2:

Not quite true, it really depends if the 'roads' have permitted public vehicular access, e.g. to a car park. If there is unrestricted public vehicular access along the 'road' then it is treated as a highway under the Road Traffic Act.

Not quite true, it really depends if the 'roads' have permitted public vehicular access, e.g. to a car park. If there is unrestricted public vehicular access along the 'road' then it is treated as a highway under the Road Traffic Act.

if its a public car park then its classed as a public highway ok,

public track unrestricted vehicular access public highway

(but) if you were to drive on a stone track which is maintained by the fc in there woods,(signs or no signs) then its classed as off roading. thus no insurance...

belive me i know 2 young ladys who were done for parking the horse box in the fc woods and going for a canter...no insurance

you can get a permit to drive these tracks, but thats probably another financial gain for the fc and another can of worms?:sneaky2:

if its a public car park then its classed as a public highway ok,

public track unrestricted vehicular access public highway

(but) if you were to drive on a stone track which is maintained by the fc in there woods,(signs or no signs) then its classed as off roading. thus no insurance...

belive me i know 2 young ladys who were done for parking the horse box in the fc woods and going for a canter...no insurance

you can get a permit to drive these tracks, but thats probably another financial gain for the fc and another can of worms?:sneaky2:

the commission requires all vehicles to be insured if used on their land having worked for the commission they are very strict on this

100% true:thumbup1: but if the track/s road/s are not part of a public highway (place) you will get your pants pulled down:blushing:

it does not matter if the tracks loads are not part of the public highway if it's forestry commission ground you still need to be insured unless I am misunderstanding you

I think the point is that you need to check your insurance small print to see if you are covered for 'off roading' as it's considered off roading if you a on FC tracks that aren't public access.

Your insurance will cover you for access roads and car parks. It may not for tracks. No insurance...... expect the laws long arm.....

maybe it would be best if they sell 'em all off, then my trusty FC key will be of no use (and the temptation will be gone.

I think the point is that you need to check your insurance small print to see if you are covered for 'off roading' as it's considered off roading if you a on FC tracks that aren't public access.

Your insurance will cover you for access roads and car parks. It may not for tracks. No insurance...... expect the laws long arm.....

maybe it would be best if they sell 'em all off, then my trusty FC key will be of no use (and the temptation will be gone.

there you are ... theres the dude:001_rolleyes: