Anyone know Wythemshawe?

Lancstree

I'm heading off the Wythemshawe in the morning to drop my car off and get a lift to the airport. I'm just wondering if anyone could suggest the best route? Then place is located on Brown Lane just off Styal Road.

My Dad has told me his route which involves going down the M60, joining the M56, coming off at junction 4 and heading along Simonsway.

Looking at google maps I've seen; come off M60 at junction 3, head down kingsway, alrincham road, styal road.

I'm coming from accrington and need to be there before 8am. Any suggestions?

What is it that you see when a badger walks away from you?

Let me think, a badger's behind...

I'm assuming you are leaving it in some kind of patrolled secure car park and not just parking in a residential area in Wythenshawe, 'cos if you're doing the latter you're a braver man than me.

Avoid kingsway at 8:00am!! You'll just end up in a big traffic jam...

The other way will probably be better ;)

Come off the M56 at junction "2" and then follow the first left, Altrincham road back on itself until it meets Longley lane, then towards Styal road...

Edit: It think it's "no right turn" at the junction of Kingsway/Altrincham road...

Edited by Omniata

Having in Macclesfield and commuted that route into Manchester daily for a period of time, I'd agree with you Lancstree - off the M60 and down the A34. The junction you need is the one that takes you off past the Sainsbury's (at the top of the long slight incline after you've got off the motorway and gone through the lights).

At 8am you will be meeting peak time traffic, but hopefully most of it should be going into Manchester rather than out so you might be alright. That piece of road is a real PITA of a morning going towards "town".

Having in Macclesfield and commuted that route into Manchester daily for a period of time, I'd agree with you Lancstree - off the M60 and down the A34. The junction you need is the one that takes you off past the Sainsbury's (at the top of the long slight incline after you've got off the motorway and gone through the lights).

At 8am you will be meeting peak time traffic, but hopefully most of it should be going into Manchester rather than out so you might be alright. That piece of road is a real PITA of a morning going towards "town".

There's major roadworks and single file traffic in Wilmslow at the moment and it's causing quite a bit of chaos at peak time both ways...

If you can cut through at the turn off for Sainsbury's and John Lewis do it, but leave a little early to make sure ;)

There's no right turn, I think, if you come off onto the A34 at the lights across Altrincham road so your next turning is the one above at Sainsbury's...