Do all professional chainsaw users think joe public users are fools?

egnsean

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree, that comment was a bit pathetic :thumbdown:

Clearly some people have a different view of danger to others.

When using a saw, you are in control of the situation and as you state your experience equips you to know what to expect.

In reality driving is far more dangerous, if I'm on the Mway doing 70mph, I am only in control of my vehicle, not all the other vehicles, that could be being driven by assorts of different people, the very young, the very old, the very stupid, people on mind altering substances, people contemplating suicide, I could go on.

Yes give me a saw, where I'm controlling most of the situation over driving every time.

you sound like a man with a lot of common sence, something sadly lacking these days in nanny state uk :thumbup:

You said

it seems to me the pros out there automatically assume that joe public should never be allowed anywhere near a chainsaw.

Presumably you have spoken to these “pro’s” and or have formulated your opinion from the contents of this and other fora. What you haven’t counted is the silent masses who don’t care what you do and can’t be bothered to make mention of it. On the other hand you have the vocal minority who seem to have touched your paranoia giving you the impression that they are indeed out to get you.

I like many others couldn’t give a monkeys what Joe public does with a chainsaw. For my part there is nothing I can do about it so I see no point wasting time or energy on the issue although I will admit to watching when the opportunity presents, purely out of morbid curiosity.

Relax and carry on, the vast majority don’t care enough to look twice.

You said

Presumably you have spoken to these “pro’s” and or have formulated your opinion from the contents of this and other fora. What you haven’t counted is the silent masses who don’t care what you do and can’t be bothered to make mention of it. On the other hand you have the vocal minority who seem to have touched your paranoia giving you the impression that they are indeed out to get you.

I like many others couldn’t give a monkeys what Joe public does with a chainsaw. For my part there is nothing I can do about it so I see no point wasting time or energy on the issue although I will admit to watching when the opportunity presents, purely out of morbid curiosity.

Relax and carry on, the vast majority don’t care enough to look twice.

sorry you think i am paranoid, but i can assure i am not, i think it is probably you who is paranoid about amateurs useing chainsaws which are solely in YOUR opinion for pro use only :ie biggest baddest tools out there,as i mentiond earlier sound like a bit of a drama queen, chill out man:001_tt2:

sorry you think i am paranoid, but i can assure i am not, i think it is probably you who is paranoid about amateurs useing chainsaws which are solely in YOUR opinion for pro use only :ie biggest baddest tools out there,as i mentiond earlier sound like a bit of a drama queen, chill out man:001_tt2:

Ha ha they have got you wound up havent they?

Don’t you read, I don’t care what you do unless there is a change you will do a “Darwin awards” in which case I want to vid it for utube

Carry on no one cares