thieving scum

eggsarascal

my thoughts exactly, is there any kind of remote cctv (ie powered from a battery)? as there is no power supply in the shed also someone on here mentioned some sort of shotgun cartridge/tripwire, i think it was refered to as a poachers mine, would anybody know where you can get these from? thanks Egg

Got mine from Henry Kranks up in Yorkshire :thumbup1:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be very aware that if you do anything (booby traps or the like) that could possibly injure anyone -- even if they are thieves caught in the act, and even if they are not actually injured -- the police will have no hesitation in prosecuting you. I know, it's very frustrating but please stay legal.

The only time this does not apply is if you're protecting your, or anyone else's, life and then any retaliation must be proportional.

Best wishes,

John Russell

I did ask the policeman about that after I had been burgled twice in the same year I asked him what woud happen if I chained an alsatian up in the workshop and it bit a burglar, his reply was "unofficialy we would turn a blind eye" but then as a mate of mine pointed out if you did put a dog in there the thieving scum would probably poison it first and break in anyway :sneaky2:

Be very aware that if you do anything (booby traps or the like) that could possibly injure anyone -- even if they are thieves caught in the act, and even if they are not actually injured -- the police will have no hesitation in prosecuting you. I know, it's very frustrating but please stay legal.

The only time this does not apply is if you're protecting your, or anyone else's, life and then any retaliation must be proportional.

Best wishes,

John Russell

Hi John, i believe what you say is true, but after speaking to the chap at solway feeders this afternoon he assurse me that there is nothing illegal in owning/using these mines to protect game from poachers/pest,which in my situation is fine,as the shed i rent is on a shooting estate(sorry ocifer was just trying to protect the phesants from the foxes) may not wash in the eyes of the law, but at the moment i dont really care how the old bill look at it.

Hi John, i believe what you say is true, but after speaking to the chap at solway feeders this afternoon he assurse me that there is nothing illegal in owning/using these mines to protect game from poachers/pest,which in my situation is fine,as the shed i rent is on a shooting estate(sorry ocifer was just trying to protect the phesants from the foxes) may not wash in the eyes of the law, but at the moment i dont really care how the old bill look at it.

OK. The key thing is to make sure that anything you do could not be interpreted as being a deliberate attempt to injure someone.

Dogs are not a problem. As a deterrent, they work. Frankly, I'd be tempted to make a recording of a large vicious dog barking very loudly and arrange it so that it starts playing inside the shed when a beam is triggered.

I know someone who did this -- worked a treat.

Best wishes,

JR

OK. The key thing is to make sure that anything you do could not be interpreted as being a deliberate attempt to injure someone.

Dogs are not a problem. As a deterrent, they work. Frankly, I'd be tempted to make a recording of a large vicious dog barking very loudly and arrange it so that it starts playing inside the shed when a beam is triggered.

I know someone who did this -- worked a treat.

Best wishes,

JR

John i dont want to injure anyone, thats a lie, i do at the moment(the rouges who stole my gear) but back to the reason for the cctv/mine,is i just want to capture thier image/number plates and give them a scare at the same time.

John i dont want to injure anyone, thats a lie, i do at the moment(the rouges who stole my gear) but back to the reason for the cctv/mine,is i just want to capture thier image/number plates and give them a scare at the same time.

I think you might mean 'that's a misunderstanding', rather than 'that's a lie'?

I know from experience that I would want to injure someone (break-ins cost us £60,000 in 2005) -- but then self control kicks in. I only wrote what I did because a lot of people read these threads and I just want them to think about what's lawful and not get themselves in to trouble by taking the law into their own hands.

Best of luck getting a number plate or image. We even managed to get a blood sample (DNA) from the thieves that broke into our place. The thieves in question had done so many break-ins (to buy drugs) that the police used it as a bargaining tool -- "tell us who your dealer is and we'll let you off all the break-ins."

Frankly, I'd legalise all drugs. It would save the likes of you and me a fortune. At least then addicts would become a medical problem rather than a 'law and order' problem and their addiction could be managed and made safe. Without the glamour of drugs being illegal it would be less attractive and the country wouldn't have to pay so much in insurance and to sort out the property destruction they leave behind. It's a big drain on all of us.

Best wishes,

John Russell

YES THEY WILL BE BACK ! had our secure work shop broken into & took all the hand tools they could carry and sell cheap down the pub then came back within the month to take the mini digger & tool vaults which they couldn`t take on the 1st visit.Worst loss of all was my 1st tool box & tools which my late dad had got me when I started little value to them huge loss to me.The site now has cameras & remote alarm that comes straight to my phone all the local low lifes know how I will deal with anybody in the future,the police are a waste of time

robbing swines prob druggie scum, hope you get the tools back::thumbdown:

I have known people to turn the alarm traps sidewoods with a live shotgun item inside.

Oh Er.

I have heard about this years ago when I was still keepering, but there was a story that one keeper after endless poaching of his pheasant pens, rigged one above the pen gate facing down with a live cartridge in it, unfortunately one morning he forgot to disarm it before going through the gate, not pretty for the person who found him :001_cool:

I have heard about this years ago when I was still keepering, but there was a story that one keeper after endless poaching of his pheasant pens, rigged one above the pen gate facing down with a live cartridge in it, unfortunately one morning he forgot to disarm it before going through the gate, not pretty for the person who found him :001_cool:

As your story tells, its not big or clever to put live cartridges in to a trip mine/alarm imo.