eggsarascal

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate hearing these stories,thieving gits.:thumbdown:

But please people get some decent alarms that will either txt you or call you

when activated.

They are quite cheap and easy to install.

I know we shouldn't have to go to these lengths but it can save a hell of a lot of grief.

I hate the feeling that someone you don't know has been in/on your property. The missus car was broken in to the other week. Stole the Tom Tom and left everything else. We thought we had left the car unlocked until we spoke with a Neighbour whose car was also broken in to on the same night and they too also thought they had left the car unlocked. No sign of forced entry.

Apparently according to the police there is a device that can block remote car fobs from activating the central locking. So you press the button and think you've locked the car when it actually has been blocked and the thieves come along in middle of night and take what they want.

Although probably not very legal, I reckon you should move anything of value out of the shed that was broken into, and booby trap the place (home alone style), set up some cctv, and wait for them to come back! :thumbup1:

my thoughts exactly, is there any kind of remote cctv (ie powered from a battery)? as there is no power supply in the shed also someone on here mentioned some sort of shotgun cartridge/tripwire, i think it was refered to as a poachers mine, would anybody know where you can get these from? thanks Egg

They sell them on the bay or google "solway feeders"

They are good for scaring the sh*t out of people even if you aren't around to hear them go off :thumbup:

alarm mine items - Get great deals on Sporting Goods items on eBay UK!

Thanks for that, remote cctv & alarm mine ordered and all for under a hundred quid, i might not be there to hear them go off but i will be able to see them run for thier lives(over and over again) on my new cctv unit.

my thoughts exactly, is there any kind of remote cctv (ie powered from a battery)? as there is no power supply in the shed also someone on here mentioned some sort of shotgun cartridge/tripwire, i think it was refered to as a poachers mine, would anybody know where you can get these from? thanks Egg

Be very aware that if you do anything (booby traps or the like) that could possibly injure anyone -- even if they are thieves caught in the act, and even if they are not actually injured -- the police will have no hesitation in prosecuting you. I know, it's very frustrating but please stay legal.

The only time this does not apply is if you're protecting your, or anyone else's, life and then any retaliation must be proportional.

Best wishes,

John Russell