Pocket wedge on a Yo-Yo

morten

For the past two years, I have had a pocket wedge on a leash, via a Yo-Yo style retractor.

I use it on the ground as well as while climbing, and it means I never loose a wedge - it simply retracts whenever it is released.

As I haven't seen anyone else use one yet, I thought I'd leave a few pictures of it here, to pass on the idea.

I have included a small spring-loaded clamp on the wire that I use whenever I don't like the pulling force of the retractor on the wedge. I rarely use it, but occasionally it is handy.

Key retractors vary in quality. The wire length need to be sufficient, and the retraction force needs to be just enough to pull in the pocket wedge. Key-Bak makes some good ones, also for industrial/outdoor use, se Welcome to KEYBAK.COM

IMG_0157.jpg.3f7645239b8c9a22faceff5aa86f14d2.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg.9b9d4646b8661fe38a8302bbffdd3fa5.jpg

I´ve had the idea in the back of my head...but never got around to do it. Looks really good! My consideration has been wheter i could give it a whack or not...do you just use it as a stop or do you actually wedge stuff?

I mostly use it to keep the kerf open. But occasionally (while climbing) I also use it to wedge over a stem, using a small hammeer. That is why the leash is mounted through the side. Otherwise you'd quickly break the leash.

I had a "Wood-Wasp" for several years, a long thin fibre-glass wedge on a strop, ideal for felling as you could walk from tree to tree and never lose your wedge. Now I've lost it!!:blushing::001_rolleyes:

anyone know if/where you can get a wood wasp, i had 1 but it got borrowed, need i say more????