Pully blocks

xringphil

Hey guys, im slowly kitting myself out with different "toys" and wanna get some lowering blocks, few things i wanna know is 1st any recamendations on what to get for medium to heavey lowering (rather be safe than sorry) and also how many is best to have for most situations and bigger jobs. Last is it better to have like one hevey duty pully block taking the main wait of the load then other smaller or different pulls guiding the rope up/around the tree or do u want the same pully block throughout the tree ?

Cheers guys Phil

We have just got a few small impact blocks. They are a little more pricy but hopefully should outlast the blue ones we been chewing up.

The main benifit I see with the impact block is you can use a 22mm tennex dead eye sling. As your dead eye is taking twice the force as the rope it seems piontless to use a 16mm rope with an ICS block if you can only really fit a maximum 19mm dead eye at a push.

With the right lowering bollard its possible to have a rigging kit which can handle a ton with matching all the components.

Try Treeworker for the blocks, Nod will sort you out.

cheers i like the look of the impact blocks although reading them their working load limit is a bit lower than some others i have seen about....?

also how many pully blocks is it worth haveing and should i get all the same or different ones to work along side the impact blocks

Without wanting to know about your experience in tree work, I would suggest you recall what you've worked with in the past and in the local area.

Assess if these set-ups were good or bad - and then plan a gradual build up of your own rigging gear as you find that each piece is worth having.

Dee

cheers i like the look of the impact blocks although reading them their working load limit is a bit lower than some others i have seen about....?

also how many pully blocks is it worth haveing and should i get all the same or different ones to work along side the impact blocks

The impact blocks have a high enough swl for anything us mortals would need. They might even be over kill unless you regularly need to drop big chunks

How many pulleys you need is down to your stlye and understanding of forces. I normally like to share the load on 2 rigging pionts where possible. I would say 2 big blocks and a swing chhek re-direct would be plenty.

as long we looking at same impact blocks lol as on HB says the DMM Impact blocks WLL of 60KN where as the ISC medium pully on F R Jones says its got a WLL of 150kn ? so a little comfused as to weather im just being stupied and mis-understanding lol or if some where there is a typeing error lol

as long we looking at same impact blocks lol as on HB says the DMM Impact blocks WLL of 60KN where as the ISC medium pully on F R Jones says its got a WLL of 150kn ? so a little comfused as to weather im just being stupied and mis-understanding lol or if some where there is a typeing error lol

AHHHHH iv found where i was going wrong no worries...my bad lol

• 7 months later...