Van Carpet

Parker

Hello all,

I run a Vauxall combo van and was cleaning it out this morning when I noticed the carpet in the drivers footwell was slightly damp, on further investigation the carpet + underlay is absolutley sodden (probably from melted snow! :thumbdown: )

I've already had a look at the carpet and it wont come out easily / if at all. The underlay is too wet (you can squeeze water out of it) for a heater to do any good.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to solve this.....

Cheers

Laurence

it'd probabilly be a seats out and centre console out job.......

or depending on age of the van etc, you could craftily cut the carpet fron around the base of the seat just so you can lift up then cut and remove the underlay, squeeze it and dry it, wipe any excess water out from van and wait for carpet to dry.... slide the underlay back in and put carpet back down.... as long as you cut carpet in appropriate place's i.e hidden away then you won't see the cuts ;)

entirelly up to you..... i think for the sake of a few bolts i'd whip seats and console out to do it proper, you could still even cut the underlay as you don't see it when carpets down do you :001_tt2: just check to make sure heater matrix not leaking also as this can lead to wet footwells etc :thumbup1:

Not meaning to sound stupid but where are the bulkhead vents and drains likely to be? is it easy to spot them from under the vehicle?

open the bonnet and look under the black plastic below the bottom of the windscreen. drain holes get full of leaves and gunge then the water flows the wrong direction and runs down the inside of the bulkhead and into the footwells. seems a common occurance after snow has sat covering a vehicle for a period of time