recession!?

munkymadman

i hear the latest is gordon brown is blaming the food price increase on us buying too much food then wasting it

when that does not work the canny scot will blame us for eating too much , well there are lots of obese people i suppose.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that thread didn't take long to get a response, alot of angry people out there. not quite as bad here, i think were getting it a bit later. we can blame anybody and everybody till the cows go home, but what do you do (god forbid) if all your work dries up. what is your emergency contingency plan then? and how long does a recession normally last?

I remember Jeremy Barrel telling me during the peak of the last recession he did'nt get a single Job /enquiry for 9 consecutive months.

That was a very well established AAAC... And they reckon this one is going to be worse down to the vast amount of personal debt everyone has.

well im sat at home again!!! tring to save for nz, might go even sooner now!!!!!! or get into electric, but i dont want that one bit!!! but when i needs must!!!! plus my 200 broke the otehr day, gone back under warranty and stihl said 4-6weeks to just have a look!!!! i feel sick, thank god i just got car tax and no more bills for the rest of the month!!! i feel for you guys who have mortgages.

REALLY SCAREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i dont like it!

To add even more grey clouds to the gloom, most arb equipmnet comes in from Europe, I read the Pound/Euro echange rate has fallen by 20% in the past year. Does this mean all our gear goes up in price as well as all our fuel combined with shortage of work.

Find me a stout bough and a length of rope gloom gloom gloom

To add even more grey clouds to the gloom, most arb equipmnet comes in from Europe, I read the Pound/Euro echange rate has fallen by 20% in the past year. Does this mean all our gear goes up in price as well as all our fuel combined with shortage of work.

Find me a stout bough and a length of rope gloom gloom gloom

Most gear that tree companys should be looking at now is USA equipment. The Dollor is stil low. example

German chipper 7" £20,000

USA Chipper 7" £14,000

No brainer :ohmy: climbing gear, 20% lower in price.

Long term investment in hardwear, USA last over 15% longer so less depreciation on your books.

At the moment the USA is in big slow down so you can get a good deal on most equipment from a UK outlet on almost any thing to do with the treecare stuff.

I remember Jeremy Barrel telling me during the peak of the last recession he did'nt get a single Job /enquiry for 9 consecutive months.

That was a very well established AAAC... And they reckon this one is going to be worse down to the vast amount of personal debt everyone has.

Totally agree Ed,And all those who remortaged on unrealistic valuations.I think its here we just havnt felt it yet,still a bit of re-financed,re-mortgaged money about but not for long IMHO