Help and advice needed. TPO's/Conservation areas and prosecution!

RobArb

LA's can be very funny. They aren't afraid to threaten all unsundry with no basis whatsoever and unfortunately seem to thrive on any sign of weakness, maybe your ex boss has shrugged them off??

If it's a formal interview I'd be very careful what you said without legal representation.

Doesn't sound like there's anything to worry about for you though.

R

without going into detail its possible he's trying to worm out of it!

but surely they blaim can't be laid on myself, can it?

Thanks for all opinions so far it is appreciated

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not his place to start lying, or making stuff up, that would make things worse.

Back to the OP

Its probably that they want you to come in cos they want your side of the story, they may already have your bosses. Go and tell them the truth.

The truth will be told alright.

I spoke to the LA guy on the phone today, he seemed pleasant and did say that it would be recorded and if i wanted it i could get a solicitor (which makes it sounds bad) he also said i could come in on my own and if i felt uncomfartable with the questions i could stop the interview

The truth will be told alright.

I spoke to the LA guy on the phone today, he seemed pleasant and did say that it would be recorded and if i wanted it i could get a solicitor (which makes it sounds bad) he also said i could come in on my own and if i felt uncomfartable with the questions i could stop the interview

A bit of advice as to the legal bit.

You have been asked to come in for a formal interview.

You can attend and listen to the questions and then once they have read out all said questions, ask for time to take advice. Say 1 week.

You can then state that you will return with your answers in writing. Ensure all questions are written down for you so you can take a paper copy.

I would say you have nothing to worry about, bearing in mind you were employed.

Do not rush in with your answers though

Just remember that you did not cut any trees down, or any limbs off. The tree company you were working for carried out the work, thats it! The boss cannot relinquish the responsibilty. If you did something you were told NOT to do, then its his fault for not employing someone who listens, or its his fault for not supervising etc etc. Its never not his fault.

Only in the case of gross missconduct could it be your anywhere near your fault. LIke if someone was injured through complete and utter negligence then the law may come down on you but this is minor infringment of LA rules, nothing more, and sound like the trees weren't up to much anyway.

If they want to throw some weight around then they might, as long as you don't take it personally. Assure them that if it were name on the company letterhead then you would organise your business a lot better, and have a laugh at the expense of your old boss! Leave them on good terms and you will not have LA problems in the future.

(I speak from some experience, two LA's know me from the days of working for another company and I have there utmost trust, despite the things that our boss used to try and get away with!)

Edited by Rupe
typign too quickly again

I cant really add much to what's been said, but I would write a brief note for your own benefit detailing what you've told us. Stick to the facts, dont be drawn into suppositions, keep calm, (dont lose your temper etc) and be polite. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. :thumbup1:

yes the job was to pollard the trees, i cut one limb off (about a sixth of the tree)(as part of the pollard and job description) before the end of the day shift finished to get a head start on the next day. I then went home and fell ill that weekend to come back to the finished job (other workers)

Then you did not cut any branches off, neither did you co workers. Thats what I'm trying to explain. The company you were working for carried out the work.

Of course I know that if you were holding the saw then you cut the branch off, but I'm trying to make you feel better. Your boss cut all the trees on that site even if he wasn't there. Its his business, he profits from it the most (or has the ability to if he runs it properly) and so ultimatly its him doing the work. If you hadn't done it, anther employee would have, no worries for you.

I have always been under the impression that its the responsibility of the person carrying out the work to check for TPOs. Id pull another sicky and use the time to see where you stand before you march in and answer to many questions. Can anybody on the old firm give you the heads up on whats going on ? Have you thought about talking to your old boss, it might be in both of your best interest to be singing from the same hyme sheets. Good luck anyway :001_cool: