kindling wars are about to start

So what your saying is we are too cheap :001_tt2:

lol no your not to cheap, just very competitive, and if you guys can turn a profit and then i can by retailing it everyone is happy.

I have worked out that if i were to buy in the raw material, pay for fuel to process it, buy the nets and my time doing it.. its gong to cost me more than paying one of you guys £1.30 a bag. So its going to mean more profit for less out lay in time to buy in the finished product.

So thats what i am going to do for next year, see how many nets i can get in a LWB transit!

Also keen to find a supplier for kiln dried hard wood logs to do the same if anyone knows any?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol no your not to cheap, just very competitive, and if you guys can turn a profit and then i can by retailing it everyone is happy.

I have worked out that if i were to buy in the raw material, pay for fuel to process it, buy the nets and my time doing it.. its gong to cost me more than paying one of you guys £1.30 a bag. So its going to mean more profit for less out lay in time to buy in the finished product.

So thats what i am going to do for next year, see how many nets i can get in a LWB transit!

Also keen to find a supplier for kiln dried hard wood logs to do the same if anyone knows any?

Thats why I get the wife to run the kindlet :thumbup1:. We charge £1.50 a net at the moment but cant take any more orders unless you can wait till end of feb for collection. 300 bags should be 1000kg unless you buy with lots of water. Our kindling is kiln dried. Best wishes to everyone for the new year and good luck with all your ventures.

We can produce at the prices we do without fail as our other businesses support the raw material we need to be ultra competitive within the kindling sector, this along with the 80k investment made within the last month brings new methods to the table which will ensure a fixed long term price based on the order quantity and commitment received from our new customer base?

What size are the bags? They look loosely filled?

We can produce at the prices we do without fail as our other businesses support the raw material we need to be ultra competitive within the kindling sector, this along with the 80k investment made within the last month brings new methods to the table which will ensure a fixed long term price based on the order quantity and commitment received from our new customer base?

is this coming from recycled timber? and 80k is some investment for a kindlet machine - you quote order quantity and commitment - both admirable - what about quality? new methods to the table - enlighten us please - sounds interesting

Apologies for the late reply and thanks - the quality is excellent and I can send you some samples for your perusal if you wish please just email me on [email protected] your address and I will send within this week and who knows you may be a future customer?

New methods - yes some but collated from other manufacturing industries that i have been involved in over the past couple of years (co packing) for the likes of Pepsico and Cadburys, Japan Tobacco etc - I must be honest as well I have had several very kind people on this site give me their understanding as well (worth a million dollars) and when we put that all together we have been able to streamline the process and drive potential unwanted costs from our new production line, hence can offer the wholesale customer exceptional value / opportunity.

Thanks Ged 07879817029

Michael,

The bags are 50 x 40 and the average weight is 6kgs a bag, the wood we use in the main is from the pallet industry a business that we have 25 years experience of in the north west. The image is an old one so not loosely packed and if you email me on [email protected] I will send you up dated images or samples should you be in the market to purchase a quantity?

Regards

Ged 07879817029

Apologies for the late reply and thanks - the quality is excellent and I can send you some samples for your perusal if you wish please just email me on [email protected] your address and I will send within this week and who knows you may be a future customer?

New methods - yes some but collated from other manufacturing industries that i have been involved in over the past couple of years (co packing) for the likes of Pepsico and Cadburys, Japan Tobacco etc - I must be honest as well I have had several very kind people on this site give me their understanding as well (worth a million dollars) and when we put that all together we have been able to streamline the process and drive potential unwanted costs from our new production line, hence can offer the wholesale customer exceptional value / opportunity.

Thanks Ged 07879817029

your answer makes me want to know more - japan tobacco, pepsi, cadburys - i thought we were selling wood is it that into rocket science to streamline kindling production from these industries:confused1:, is this pallet recycling? and just give me a hint as to new methods - its really making me think - what new methods can be involved in making sticks?? :confused1:

aahhh - just read your next post -pallet recycling - questions answered - thanks

joy

Edited by Joy Yeomans

Our methods are based on the Kindlet pro x 3 - the science if you could call it that is really understanding the best layout for such equipment and of course to have the correct processes in place for the staff to follow hence the improvement in volume and the ability to revisit to ensure those processes can be tweaked if necessary as we progress during 2011.

Let me know if you need any samples.

Regards

Ged

Our methods are based on the Kindlet pro x 3 - the science if you could call it that is really understanding the best layout for such equipment and of course to have the correct processes in place for the staff to follow hence the improvement in volume and the ability to revisit to ensure those processes can be tweaked if necessary as we progress during 2011.

Let me know if you need any samples.

Regards

Ged

sounds v .good , but to be honest a lot of talk for just streamlining cutting pallets into sticks mate - where you a consultant in a previous life:001_tt2:

we all move machinery to optimise best practise and work rate - but i know what you mean

no thanks, thanks for the offer ,but we produce our own sticks from our felled timber to optimise the workrate for forestry workers to find a better rate of return for a raw product of forestry - oh i cant do consultant double talk :lol:

all the best

joy