Security

Andy Collins

we have one smiliar for our mower but it has a plate that covers the side of the wheel, so you cant just take the wheel off, which would be my concearn with that design on the prolocker. i will try and find the manufacturers

I must admit im a fan of two big chains one to a ground anchor and one to a structual piece of metal work, thus slowing the operation down unless they cut through the chassis (which isnt ideal if they want to re-sell it in a hurry

http://www.mower-magic.co.uk/acatalog/Tractor_Security.html something along these lines!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok just an update, ordered one of these products online a month ago, no product been delivered to date, no contact from the company, no contact possible from myself, 24hr phoneline not working, no response to my emails. Things not looking too promising. Shant be recommending this company to anyone I'm afraid.

CAUTION: This company still has an active website, will still take your money, it is impossible to contact them in any way, or indeed get your money back. VISA are now investigating them. BE AWARE!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed some of these babies around my property, 130dB ear-splitting alarms. Affordable and able to interlink more than one. protect your gate, sheds, rear access areas, if they want to hang around with that racket, they sure as hell wont hear me coming after them with nasty pointy things!!

http://www.orwell.co.uk/shop/index.php?productID=10878

http://hongmao.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008802164817/pdtl/Motorcycle-alarm/1001567840/Motorcycle-Alarm.htm

Ok probably not the most sophisticated system, but many features and affordable (I got mine off eBay for £21) and it does do everything it says on the pack. Fitting time was approx 1hour. Loud enough to be a deterrent at 120dB, anti-hijack feature, and a remote immobilise feature that works for a good range, so the buggers can be stopped on a drive-off. As its designed for motorbikes it is really compact, so no problems tucking it all away out of sight on a quad, tho it did (IMO) require heatshrink to protect the fine wires from chafing on the frame.