192t

Bentonarb

The 192 is more a hobbysaw, my dealer would not sell it to anyone who has used a 200T before.

Pascal

Why, thats like saying he wouldnt sell you a 390 because you have used a 880 before? Rediculous. Dealer dribble, yet again!

They are different saws for different jobs end of!

P.S, I do realise the guy who started the thread wanted one now his 020s are now worn out, but perhaps he is going to be dissappointed too:sneaky2:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, thats like saying he wouldnt sell you a 390 because you have used a 880 before? Rediculous. Dealer dribble, yet again!

They are different saws for different jobs end of!

P.S, I do realise the guy who started the thread wanted one now his 020s are now worn out, but perhaps he is going to be dissappointed too:sneaky2:

That is just what I meant, it has less power so ... and like I said it is my dealers opinion, not my personal experience.

Pascal

Wonder if thats because he can sell a more expensive saw!!!!!!:sneaky2:

The owner of our main dealers went to Sthl factory last year and I asked him if he would find out if the 192t was going to be released here.

He managed to speak to one of the top guys over in Germany and his reply, laughing was, "no way, that would only take sales away from the 200t"!

So it seems while they can fobb off many people that the 200t is the only one to have, people will not know what they are missing.

Just to back up/clarify what Pete has said -

They are not a 200t replacement - different saw/different jobs

They are a VERY GOOD LIGHTWEIGHT SAW in their own right

Talked to Stihl at APF and got fobbed off so ended up tying him up on his own words coz he had NEVER USED ONE and constantly compared it to a 200t.

How can Stihl dealers really comment about a saw they may only have had glimpse of? (no disrespect to the dealer)

192's are sold here so a lot of the parts are available.

I honestly believe Stihl could do really well here with this saw IF it was marketed for what it is.

(If you put one of the lightweight 12" 200t bar/chain on and port/re-tune it does not end up that far short of a stock 200t! - as things stand it IS NOT warranted in the UK so there is nothing lost provided you re-tune with a taco)

How many 192t threads are there on here now? Just about deserves its own dedicated section :001_rolleyes:

i've been using a 192t for 3 years now and its great little saw, smaller and lighter than the 200t and yes it is less powerful but its got plenty of power, especialy as i changed the bar and chain for smaller pico chain, it spins great with it.

here is france it sells more than the 200t, or thats what all stihls adverts say. i think that like 18stoner said, they wont introduce it into the uk as it would take sales away from the more expencive 200t. (in france the 192t is nearly half the price of the 200t)