Help! Tooth ache

Pat Ferrett

Just been to the dentist myself, hence being here on a work day. Today i got root canal treatment and a temporary filling so now i have 2 teeth with temp fillings and root canal work done, worst of all i need to go back and get them finished off. I also have an abscess in another tooth that i had root canal treatment done on but it leaks and doesnt give me bother except the cap has fallen out and has been missing for nearly a year now. I recently joined an NHS dentist and have no bother getting the work done soon so i dont know why you guys are having to wait so long??? I have 2 more appointments mid november and hopefully that will be me sorted. Now the anesthetic is wearing off from todays visit i think i will go cry in a corner.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took her half an hour becuase the root was hooked but it came out in the end and she then discoverd that the infection had eaten into my jaw bone[/size][/size] :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

I know how you feel, when i was younger i had a lot of work done on my front teeth. Because the work was so badly done, i now have two front teeth missing. Had them taken out to save my jaw bone.

Time for me to have a bit of a gloat regarding the NHS. Having never been to the dentist for anything other than a bit of a clean (and that was 10 years ago) I found myself with a serious infection under my wisdom tooth back in January of this year. I duly go to the dentist who tells me I have impacted lower wizzies and a really bad infection. One good clean, iodine treatment, anti bionics and a good dose of codeine later all is well with the world. Now, sure it cost me a couple of bob to put right but I got into the dentist within an hour of the phone call. I get a referal to an oral surgeon who asks me when I'd like to come in for my extraction. Will tomorrow do he says. Give me chance to save some money says I and books in for end of the month. I turn up at the hospital and within 20 minutes I've had my chat with both surgeon and anaesthatist and am on the gurny being wheeled into theatre ( I chose general rather than local). The surgery goes way quicker than I thought and 2 hours later I'm on the way home with a face like a gerbal and a pile of codeine and tremadol. Now to be fair I paid for all of this but the efficiency and treatment from go to whoa was otustanding. When I read in the paper and hear from my old man just how bad the NHS has become I'm glad I can get the service that I do. Doctors are the same. you pay a nominal fee ($35 - $40) for an appointment but you book for when suits you and I've only known once to be kept waiting longer than ten minutes.

I dont do NHS, I go private, NHS is a joke.

Reckon if you made everybody pay up front to see the kwak then a lot more people would re consider whether they really needed to see a doctor about that bit of a dribbly sniffly cold they had and would free up the waiting rooms a little. Exceptions would have to be made for the young, elderly and infirm but it seems to work well here. There are several Doctors surgeries in a small town like Taupo and you can usually get in same day or at the worst the next day.

Im not going to knock the nhs they cant get it right all then time but then who can ?

My treatment recently has been Nhs and I cant fault it :001_smile:

The fact that the x-ray didnt show the curved root is just one of those things.

I think as a nation we should be proud of having the nhs where you dont have to wait in pain until you can afford treatment,

MY TIP

If your not on the books of an Nhs dentist ...dont wait until you get tooth ache to register.

Its a bit like people we moan about that leave a dead tree until its nearlly to dangerous to climb before they ring up and want it done the same day.