Help! Tooth ache

Pat Ferrett

ah ha i a, experiencing something that could be described as the worst pain in history right now. I have been to the emergency dentist twice and had xrays etc and i have an absyce (spp) under one of my front teeth. i have 2 types of anitbiotics and have a date to root canal it in jan. the joy!

I HAVE NOT SLEPT FOR 4 DAYS. ben taking 2 of the strongest iburprofen with 2 codene paracetamol on top and it just touches it! it is the worst pain ever and i have sat in a tattoo place for 6.5 hours straight and that was nothing compared. been going dizzy at work from the tiredness!

worst thing is i ve never had a filling before dammit!

anyway what does not work....

salt water

hot water bottle on face (heat encourages the infection)

a whole bottle of whiskey

crushing painkillers into a paste and applying

What works....

2 type of aforementioned painkillers (well for 2 hrs anyway)

clove oil on tooth does help a bit but again not for long!

i feel sorry for anyone with one of these and i hope to god i never have this again as i would n wish it on anyone!!!

Yours in agony...Rich!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, but the liquid inside is poisonous - years ago people used to regularly die from an abscess!

Fair enough but do you think it is better inside your body than being spat out.

Years ago people died at a very early age of simple things like deep cuts.

From a H&S point of view, take some pain killers and see a dentist when they are available.:thumbup1:

ah ha i a, experiencing something that could be described as the worst pain in history right now. I have been to the emergency dentist twice and had xrays etc and i have an absyce (spp) under one of my front teeth. i have 2 types of anitbiotics and have a date to root canal it in jan. the joy!

I HAVE NOT SLEPT FOR 4 DAYS. ben taking 2 of the strongest iburprofen with 2 codene paracetamol on top and it just touches it! it is the worst pain ever and i have sat in a tattoo place for 6.5 hours straight and that was nothing compared. been going dizzy at work from the tiredness!

worst thing is i ve never had a filling before dammit!

anyway what does not work....

salt water

hot water bottle on face (heat encourages the infection)

a whole bottle of whiskey

crushing painkillers into a paste and applying

What works....

2 type of aforementioned painkillers (well for 2 hrs anyway)

clove oil on tooth does help a bit but again not for long!

i feel sorry for anyone with one of these and i hope to god i never have this again as i would n wish it on anyone!!!

Yours in agony...Rich!!!

Thats the experience I had thought about cutting head off just to ease the pain. Its just too close to the brain. Normally you have a course of antibiotics to get rid then they do the tooth chippy bit. The first one I had went with antis by the time the dentist came back from holiday it had returned. Takes about three days for the anti to work. Good luck rich I know what you are going through if it gets bad at night a 3 mile walk in the frost used to help.

well im booked in on the 12th to get it out or canaled after a super xray as the normal one is not clear enough, i hope so im hoping in a week the pain will have all gone and then its not long till its sorted for good! :sneaky2:

i like the cutting your head off idea i would actually hurt less......:thumbup1:

well im booked in on the 12th to get it out or canaled after a super xray as the normal one is not clear enough, i hope so im hoping in a week the pain will have all gone and then its not long till its sorted for good! :sneaky2:

i like the cutting your head off idea i would actually hurt less......:thumbup1:

may i recommend a pushing chain for this and go from left to right, that way you can keep your thumb behind the handle:thumbup: