Ms 660 oiling probs

MarshallArb

baught an ms 660 chainsaw at apf cos it was a bargain its a great saw but when i am running it on big hardwoods it seems to be not oiling enough.

oiling is turned up high

saw is fine on all wood on 20'' bar -just bad on big hardwoods on 30'' bar fine on softwoods

both bars are clean and both chains are new ish and the oil is coming out and into the bar and there are no leakages.

was using oregon chain oil tried using stihl which made it a little better (as its a little thinner perhaps?)

not used to stihls is this a common problem?

starting to wish id waited and baught a husquvana 395xp!

Known problem i think Just tried to do a search on here where some one said do or add something and it works fine But at the mo i carn't find it any way Some one will be along any second with the answer

Ms660 wins hand down to the 395xp in my books

Cant seem to find the thread I was looking for, but found this one. Its quite old but some useful bits in there.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/1114-ms-660-problems.html

Also, this is one i started that is definately worth a read through if you want to prolong the 660's life!

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/8589-ms660-ms460-air-filter-upgrades.html

If you have trouble finding part numbers, i should be able to find the number for the australian pump i got for mine. It is a much higher output and cured the problem.

Have a read of the thread first though and get back to me if you need it as it will take a bit of digging out.

Happy reading, Pete.

Cant seem to find the thread I was looking for, but found this one. Its quite old but some useful bits in there.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/1114-ms-660-problems.html

Also, this is one i started that is definately worth a read through if you want to prolong the 660's life!

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/8589-ms660-ms460-air-filter-upgrades.html

If you have trouble finding part numbers, i should be able to find the number for the australian pump i got for mine. It is a much higher output and cured the problem.

Have a read of the thread first though and get back to me if you need it as it will take a bit of digging out.

Happy reading, Pete.

thanks mate yeah had noticed its inaility to filter air will be ordering upgrade tomorrow!

intereresting air filter video link below. i found it interesting how husqvanas seem to filter a lot more before the air gets to the filter! i know my 357xp needs cleaning far less often than my works ms 260.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rztm0HM9XzE&feature=share]YouTube - Chainsaw Air Injection Demonstration Husqvarna/Stihl[/ame]

thanks again

where do i get them from?

on previous thread you said they are only available in the us

is this so or can i get them for my dealer?

thanks mate

You should be able to give your dealer the numbers and they will order them for you.

I managed to get the complete pump that was described as an AUS pump. Could be the same as the US one but not sure.

I have been and looked for the part number but cant find it. However, if you want me to do, I can find the part number for the complete pump from my dealer. It should still be on my records with them.

I believe the complete pump was just over £30 when i got mine but I think the dealer supplied it free as I kicked up so much about it at the time! The parts listed above come to around £20-25 but obviously you have to strip the pump to fit them.

Let us know how you get on.

You should be able to give your dealer the numbers and they will order them for you.

I managed to get the complete pump that was described as an AUS pump. Could be the same as the US one but not sure.

I have been and looked for the part number but cant find it. However, if you want me to do, I can find the part number for the complete pump from my dealer. It should still be on my records with them.

I believe the complete pump was just over £30 when i got mine but I think the dealer supplied it free as I kicked up so much about it at the time! The parts listed above come to around £20-25 but obviously you have to strip the pump to fit them.

Let us know how you get on.

cheers mate great help will be at my dealer tomorrow so will ask them about parts