Roads conditions in scotland

ukminch

Heading upto grantown on spey from Chester for new year tomorrow. Any of you up that way know what the road conditions are like. Just wondering what kind of a drive we're in for.

Cheers

R

Just done the same stretch of M6 / M74 on Thursday 23rd; was v cold then requiring neat undiluted screenwash but warmer now - mini thaw. Not much snow - just watch temperatures...

Cheers, picked up the minibus today. Checked to see if the snowhchains would fit:thumbup::thumbup: The screenwash bottle was frozen so thats been thawed and changed. No matter what you do it always seems to freeze, so I carry a washing up bottle of screenwash I can spray out of the window onto the screen, crude but effective:001_tt2:

R

26122010.jpg.7811dc2a9d8c3f0931f2a1ca2840189e.jpg

Sounds like we may have timed it right for a change, loads of snow for skiing, boarding and sledging but not to much that we can't get about like a couple of days last year.

Cheers for the info guys much appreciated.

R

no probs, As was mentioned eearlier make sure you have plenty of screen wash as there is loads of crap on the roads!!!

no probs, As was mentioned eearlier make sure you have plenty of screen wash as there is loads of crap on the roads!!!

Yer had that doing M5/m6 this afternoon still all fun and games! I love the way that halfords sell concentrated screenwash, but recommend double concentrate for extreme weather!!

I'm like a little kit at the moment packing the important stuff - sledges:thumbup: - we'll survive without the rest of the stuff!!

Yer had that doing M5/m6 this afternoon still all fun and games! I love the way that halfords sell concentrated screenwash, but recommend double concentrate for extreme weather!!

I'm like a little kit at the moment packing the important stuff - sledges:thumbup: - we'll survive without the rest of the stuff!!

My dad and i have got sledges in our defender in case we get stuck. Got allsorts of stuff in the back as well. Never needed it yet (touches wood). Weve only used the sledges once. But then again we have used the defender and a 1.5 ton sled.

I've been doing my bit for my comunity by clearing the footpaths to the corner shops. Gonna be going around in my tractor with the bucket on the front clearing the COUNCIL owned car parks as nothing has been done. Only gonna do it after the hunt meets tho.

Edited by Matthew Arnold