Hello and Introduction

ashman

I have been browsing this forum for a while and picked up a few good things so decided to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

I have been involved in timber for many years now, albeit on a much smaller scale than many on here !

I started around twenty years ago been born and bred on a farm with plenty of woodland, it was the annual job to fell, saw, split and stack the next years wood !

It gradually grew from there to sorting relatives out with fire wood then friends for beer money and so on and on it went.

I am probably the type that most of you love to hate, never went to college, never had any formal training, everything i learnt was from hands on experience and i learnt the hard way.

I am a digger driver by trade now but my heart has never left the woods and spend many weeks a year felling and logging for estates and farmers local to me as well as my usual wood round that has steadily grown over the years.

The kit i run is all stihl, currently, 025 x2, ms260, an ms391, an ms460 and two older 064's.

last year i decided to take it a step further and make a business out of it, although the money is not as good i am never happier than when out in the woods with a saw in my hands, and in my book i would rather be less well off but happy !

So will stop boring you all now and just say hi, will have plenty of questions for you all in the future no doubt.

Best regards, Robert.

Edited by ashman

I have been browsing this forum for a while and picked up a few good things so decided to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

I have been involved in timber for many years now, albeit on a much smaller scale than many on here !

I started around twenty years ago been born and bred on a farm with plenty of woodland, it was the annual job to fell, saw, split and stack the next years wood !

It gradually grew from there to sorting relatives out with fire wood then friends for beer money and so on and on it went.

I am probably the type that most of you love to hate, never went to college, never had any formal training, everything i learnt was from hands on experience and i learnt the hard way.

I am a digger driver by trade now but my heart has never left the woods and spend many weeks a year felling and logging for estates and farmers local to me as well as my usual wood round that has steadily grown over the years.

The kit i run is all stihl, currently, 025 x2, ms260, an ms391, an ms460 and two older 064's.

last year i decided to take it a step further and make a business out of it, although the money is not as good i am never happier than when out in the woods with a saw in my hands, and in my book i would rather be less well off but happy !

So will stop boring you all now and just say hi, will have plenty of questions for you all in the future no doubt.

Best regards, Robert.

Hi merry xmas,and welcome to the forum,,,,learn lots :001_tt2: