Boxing Day Hunt Meets

Matthew Arnold

I ve been on a few shooting forums over the last few years but the level of knowledge and respect for charlie given on here is of a higher standard, WELL DONE LADS :thumbup:

Screwie! I take my hat off to you mate for being a single handed keeper :thumbup1:.

Im not bending the truth when I say I ve never missed a fox, Im rubbish at most things but I CAN SHOOT A RIFLE. The last time I went out I had 22 rabbits 3 Magpies and 3 adult foxes all from one high seat in 2 hours using the HMR never missed 1 shot, I did miss the last 4 steps coming down the ladder and end up on my arse, See good a one thing rubbish at something else :thumbdown:

Also use .17 mach2 .22 .243 .270wsm sec1 12g 5 shot semi

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12b shotgun does the job around the pheasant feeders, they can be surprisingly stupid when they've got their nose on the ground. I shot one this afternoon that didn't smell or see me until it was 20yds away. I can't see much point in chasing one across half the parish with a pack of dogs if you really want to kill it, pest control is just an excuse for a high-adrenalin ride.

didnt say that you were a bad shot but i know alot of keepers in every part of the uk some of whom are on some of the largest shooting estates in the country and been doing it a very long time, and i know of not one that will say that they have never missed a fox or have inhavertaly mained one. also know and seen a very compaintant target shooter miss a fox at 150 yards at night, you will miss at some pointin your life.

i WAS a single handed keeper on a 2000 acre shoot, shooting 37 days a season reared everything from dayolds (27K) but left to go back to tree work.

just to let you know i shoot

.22LR, .223, 6.5x55 and 8 shot 12bore SA

good to know that you are doing things the right way too many people out there that

"have all the gear and no idea" keep up the good work and shooting straight.

Seeing as we are talking guns; can anyone recommend a decent high powered air rifle that'll pop off rabbits? It's not worth my while getting a gun licence as I don't really hunt but a local land owner has given me the OK to go sort out his rabbit problem and it's a good opportunity for me to fill up the freezer with cheap meat.

Were cool Screwie!:biggrin:

Started shooting when I was about 4, had a paid gun in out a pheasent shoot when I was about 12 or 13 and went from there.

My old man died in hospital of blood poissoning through an injury he got whilst doing tree work. He was a 17 stone man mountain and my hero. I didnt shoot for 2 years, I only started up again because I new if the foxes had to be shot that if I did it hopefully they wouldnt know what hit them.

Yesterdays history tomorrows a mystery today is a gift thats why its called the present.