Boxing Day Hunt Meets

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been to a hunt terrier and hound show in Wales, the size of the Patty's made in blatantly obvious they werent used for fox. Spanable? Only by a giant!!!!! How these dogs ever get down an earth I'll never know.

My Patty is spanable, and Ive got smallish hands, but it doesnt make any difference to the fight/drive in her.

She's shown no interest in the badger sets Ive walked past, and gets called away immediately I spot them, and put on the lead. I have no inerest in killing badgers, no matter how many times Im asked to shoot them.

:thumbup:

hi john when are Croome Hunt meeting? just moved to evesham and was wondering who and when was the nearest hunt?

just too add to the rant i was a full time single handed keeper, seen and used every method of fox control at my disposal. would say that hunting was\is the most ethical the fox is either killed or gets away no middle ground, not getting involved with what goes on behind closed doors but the actual final act is the fairest to the fox.

terriers are good in some situations litter of cubs. i opt for lamping with a centre fire rifle but anyone who says that they have never missed a fox is only kidding them self or not shot many! yes can shoot a lot in one night, been out with a very good friend who is also a keeper and shot 11 in one night. however they can still be hit and runoff only to die a slow painful death, always try for a clean shot but sometimes it doesn’t always happen.

this topic could just go on and on

Merry Christmas everyone

In certain areas the fell packs are the only way to control foxes. Trust me, I've tried to match them (up in the north lakes) with a rifle but round there you cant beat Edmund Porter & the Eskdale and Ennerdale.

With all due respect if people have never winged a beast when shooting then they haven't shot many things.

Sam

One of the reasons I take my terrier with me when shooting foxes during the day.

If in doubt, send the terrier out!!!!! This is after the shot has been taken.

We all aim for the clean, one shot kill, but foxes arent paper targets and they can move as you squeeze the trigger. Better to have a backup plan, than think "oh well, it will die. Eventually"

In certain areas the fell packs are the only way to control foxes. Trust me, I've tried to match them (up in the north lakes) with a rifle but round there you cant beat Edmund Porter & the Eskdale and Ennerdale.

With all due respect if people have never winged a beast when shooting then they haven't shot many things.

Sam

:thumbup1: