Boxing Day Hunt Meets

Matthew Arnold

Dark ages, I stopped hunting in 2006 and this was happening then. I hunted after the ban and it was just the same.

The local police hunt leasion officers even turned up to the meets and had a stirup cup,

Police officers drinking in uniform and on duty? Illegal. They then proceded to arrest a number of antis for something thay haden't done. We were then informed by the arresting officer to give him a ring when we had finnished and they would let them out then.

These are the people that you will see dressed smart on boxing day and when away from the meet there real personality will come out................

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mTRr8ur6UU&feature=related]YouTube - Hunt Supporter Cautioned[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snPP2-kPZSM&feature=related]YouTube - Marles attacks monitor - does Cameron think this is OK?[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meXZAotDfMA&feature=related]YouTube - Bad behaviour at the hunt - Autumn 2010[/ame]

I am ashamed to say that I have been one of these people and have acted in this way.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arborist, there are bad apples in every barrel, you should'nt tar everyone with the same brush. You have shown 3 examples of violent behaviour by hunt supporters, there is an equal number of examples of hunt sabs doing things like purposely drawing hounds on to main roads to cause an accident, threatening and intimidating young children, beating hunt supporters up, I once had a nice chap stick a dart into the horse I was riding, he very narrowly avoided the kick from the horse that would have taken his head off, but I suppose that would have been my fault!

So why stand and film a legal activity?

In march 2008 I witnessed three young men armed with sticks attack a 18 year old girl. They dragged her off her horse and kicked her on the ground before me and two other blokes got to her. That was on a drag hunt, no foxes were killed on that day. And yet they attacked someone who wasn't doing anything wrong.

Im sure SOME hunt supporters are "aggressive" But they haven't killed anyone yet have they?

Sam

I agree with you cousain jack I should have said that some of the antis are just as bad and in some instances worse, those people that you mention arnt there for the wild life they just want a row and yes they call hounds on to railways and main roads ect. I have also known of them to get a road kill fox and rag it apart and take a pic and say this is what the hounds do.

Ok I shouldnt tar all people with the same brush but ive been there seen it done it and I was blinded to the cruel things that went on, even to the way that I treated my own dogs which i deeply regret.

My main point was that yes its a lovley sight to see on a boxing day but it is really just a front to what really happens the other 364 days in the kennals and out hunting and the people who this is the only meet / days hunting they see havent got a clue what goes on behind closed doors at the kennels.

Ive been part of bagging up foxes for days hunting incase we cant find, its not right!

A anti has been killed out hunting alltoough it was proberly his fault as he tried to unhich a beegle trailer as they drove off, as was a hunt supporter got decapertated as he drove to a field where a giro copter was landing that had been following all day got out and ran approched them.

The copter incident was with the Warikshire fox hounds and I cant remember the other.

A leagle activity!!! if you hunt and are honest you will know that all packs of hounds hunt as they did before the ban.

I have been out as a follower with many packs after the ban and they all hunted illegaly.

We could argue all day black and blue about the fighting ect but there is no defence for crulety.

I agree with you cousain jack I should have said that some of the antis are just as bad and in some instances worse, those people that you mention arnt there for the wild life they just want a row and yes they call hounds on to railways and main roads ect. I have also known of them to get a road kill fox and rag it apart and take a pic and say this is what the hounds do.

Ok I shouldnt tar all people with the same brush but ive been there seen it done it and I was blinded to the cruel things that went on, even to the way that I treated my own dogs which i deeply regret.

My main point was that yes its a lovley sight to see on a boxing day but it is really just a front to what really happens the other 364 days in the kennals and out hunting and the people who this is the only meet / days hunting they see havent got a clue what goes on behind closed doors at the kennels.

Ive been part of bagging up foxes for days hunting incase we cant find, its not right!

As I said there are bad apples, but not everybody works like that. I got, and still do, get, a lot of pleasure from field sports, but I like you, abhor cruelty for the sake of it. I too, know those sort of people who seem to enjoy prolonging pain and fear for the fun of it, the only thing you can do is search your own conscience and walk away from them, which you have done, but I would say again, not everyone is like them.

I have walked away from it and what I have seen and done plays on my mind alot I was in the central core of the hunt and was involved in these things.

What does upset me though is on boxing day usssually a lot of people turn up who have never experianced hunting before maybe in too minds of what to make of it.

The thing is they are only seeing a thin slice of what hunting is about and what REALLY happenes even a lot of the field who turn out every week in the season have no idear what happens at the kennels or when the fox has gone to ground and when they are moved away by the field master.

If it was all done humainly there wouldnt be an argument all im saying is what happenes in a compleatly honest way.

Its down to people them selves what they parcipate in butplease when you raise your stirup cup at the meet please give a thought to the treatment to the fox or hare and the hounds