Fly Tipping

David Humphries

I am sure I read one of your older posts Dean where you said you only worked three days a week!

£285 doesn't go very far.

I do !!

In summer sometimes 4 days, but I also get all my diesel, car insurance, car depreciation, tax and mot paid for.

...and I send my wench out to work as a Staff Nurse full time :sneaky2:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just because someone has less overheads so can charge less doesnt mean that they are anyless worthy to win the work imo. it doesnt mean they are fly tipping pikies either, sounds like sour grapes to me.

just because someone has less overheads so can charge less doesnt mean that they are anyless worthy to win the work imo. it doesnt mean they are fly tipping pikies either, sounds like sour grapes to me.

Less overheads like:

No PL Insurance

No EL Insurance

Staff with no qualifications who are drawing dole.

No qualified rescue climber.

"Sour Grapes" ???

Give us a break :sneaky2:

I'm not sure that's how the EA view it. If you'd done the work specifically to produce logs and chip, then that is probably a product. If the main reason for the work is to prune or remove a tree for someone, I think they see anything that comes of it as waste.

They seem to be very keen to get as many people as they can onto waste licencing. Last time I rang, I got several different stories, but the attitude seemed to be that I should get a licence "just in case".

I had to look in to it for joining a trading standards scheme. If your just doing tree surgery then you shouldn't need one (thats what the EA told me and im happy to belive it), look here http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/waste/1019330/1334884/1721340/?lang=_e

Less overheads like:

No PL Insurance

No EL Insurance

Staff with no qualifications who are drawing dole.

No qualified rescue climber.

"Sour Grapes" ???

Give us a break :sneaky2:

how many of those do you tick:001_tt1: i recon 3