Posch S350

stan 1610

we had a posch on test at college although it was the 280

but i really didn't like it

it was ergonmically uncomfortable lack of access to the logs being proccesd and generally lesser build quality with corners being cut in my eyes.

but this is in comparison to the dalen at work which all find a brilliant machine

we also dislike circular saws though and the posch is no good unless you have dead straight timber

The Duun ones look to be quite nice machines and are very popular in the rest of Europe, just quite new to the UK.

Had a good look at them/saw some decent demos at a show in Germany last year and was really quite impressed. Both the models seem to be easy to use and well thought out - don't know how they compare price wise to the posch but I'd say definitely worth a look.

Thanks for the feed back, the posch s350 is £22000 with log deck and the duun 420 is £13000 also with log deck, I have seen the duun working, I thought it looked like a good bit of kit, I am going to see a Posch 350 in the new year, any one on the forum got a Duun???

Thanks John.

• 2 years later...
Thanks for the feed back, the posch s350 is £22000 with log deck and the duun 420 is £13000 also with log deck, I have seen the duun working, I thought it looked like a good bit of kit, I am going to see a Posch 350 in the new year, any one on the forum got a Duun???

Thanks John.

Hi John been looking for a posch - s350 with a log deck

where have you seen one for £22000 is that used? I have found some but they are more expensive then that.

Thanks Abraham

We have a 350 the build quality is very good infact that was Abigail factor in our choice. Timber access is safe and good very fast cycle time and don't discount circle saw as thee is less down time with sawdust also 160 ton before spare blade goes on then only 45 to sharpen and replace a few tips( ass put dirty wood in it). In my opinion you need log deck to be using the machine at full potential. I can easily cut 15 boxes in a day that's 22.5 cube but it could go faster ie i let the splitter return before starting next cut oh and that is replacing box and refilling table this just my way and experience some will differ

Jas p wilsons in Dalbeatie will do a 350 brand new for that with the feeder, was down in October and watched it go , great piece of kit if your serious about firewood.also the hydraulic holding log arm is excellent for twisted poor shape logs

Cheers scott

that was where we bought ours after seeing many others at various shows you mention the hold down arm being good which it is the only thing you have to watch is when you bring log along to the stop if the second timber is bigger than the one to be cut it cant hold it so you must back it off slightly and hold the first or you will jam the blade this is a minor point but one that is quite important .this becomes second nature and is just part of the operation once you know what you are watching for only nobody told me :confused1: