OMG am I stupid or them?!Plz help!

odd_bird

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly I would ask for my money back, then find another course as that seems to be taking the prevervial.

It's complicated. I'm getting some funding for this so changing training centres would mess everything up as I believe the grant money gone in already. It's also the nearest to me.

MattyF, I'm in Luton (:thumbdown:), thanks for your advice. I will PM him tomorrow if he doesn't respond on here. Cheers :001_smile:

I have an old MS180 you can have for free if you can get to Gloucester to pick it up, it will need a new needle bearing and circlip as the old circlip pinged off and the bearing stuck itself to the side of the clutch cover! These shouldn't be more than a tenner I wouldn't have thought, drop me a PM if you're interested

I don't think anything else is damaged but can't gaurantee it, anyway if it's of any use it's yours it has a 12" bar/chain

cheers,

Joe

It's complicated. I'm getting some funding for this so changing training centres would mess everything up as I believe the grant money gone in already. It's also the nearest to me.

MattyF, I'm in Luton (:thumbdown:), thanks for your advice. I will PM him tomorrow if he doesn't respond on here. Cheers :001_smile:

Aah ok, fair enough.

Did you look into Capel Manor, Enfield? Pretty close to you.

Can't help any more than has already been offered I'm afraid Odd Bird.

32" trousers (Hiflex), size 9 boots (Haix) if you want them.

I could put on a wig, some makeup and my best lady voice and offer to do the course for you, but it would be pretty embarassing if I failed it. Which I probably would, if I'm honest!

Be careful with saws though.

30 is maintenance, so you would struggle if someone lends you an old dog.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with PPE & equipment, but I can help you with learning this stuff! Take a look at Drive Link for CS30 (chainsaw maintenance) information and contact me through PM if you have any difficulties getting to grips with this new world you're entering :)

Of course, you could always ask here on ArbTalk - as you're finding out, everyone here is really friendly and wants to help out as much as they can.

Cheers,

David.

Hi,

Thanks everyone. I'm seriously and pleasantly surprised how very helpful you people are :thumbup1:

I think I better wait for the confirmation letter first before I begin arranging anything. The office staff might have got it wrong. I will get back to you then. As suspected, the place I'm volunteering @ were useless! Shame one them! :thumbdown: Thanx again.

update:

so I spoke to someone who actually works there and they said that I won't need to bring my own chainsaw :clap::biggrin:

I will need a pair of boots (ordered), a helmet (will be ordered once I decode all those regulations and stuff :confused1:) and the trousers.

If anyone have and would like to sell me the size small trousers plz PM. I'm keeping my eye on anything up to £40 on e-bay for now.

Thank you to all of yous who offered your help! :adore:

• 2 weeks later...

Im doing CS30-31 at Myercough and the confirmation Letter reads like this;

Dear blah

Blah blah

Lunch can be purchased from the college when your there blah blah bring a packed lunch when your not

Compulsory Equipment

Helmet muffs visor less than 5yrs old

chainsaw gloves

chainsaw pants type a or c no chaps

chainsaw max guide bar 15"

personal first aid kit whistle

wet weathers

chainsaw maintenence equipment

Here are some places to purchase it all

Blah

blah blah

ect

vague course outline......

oh look heres some courses you might bi interested in.......

sort out your yellow form and passport photo

" ALL PPE AND CHAINSAWS MUST BE PROVIDED BY THE PERSON ATTENDING. IT CANNOT BE BORROWED FROM THE COLLEGE FOR TRAINING OR ASSESSMENT."

"FELLING SITES MAYBE UPTO 1 HOURS DRIVE FROM THE COLLEGE THERFORE YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TRANSPORT. BUSSES ARE NOT SUITABLE."

DEFO worth £775 imo:lol: