Just delivered my first load of firewood :) But...

chrissishrimp

i just delivered my first load of fire wood :001_smile: which was dead elm, split in a 1m3 bag. However it seemed to be not as much wood as i thought it was going to be, i calculated that there was only about 320 logs or so :confused1: and to not lose my first customer and wanting to build up a good reputation around the area i am going to take some more to him to tomorrow. Luckily i delivered it to the pub i work at :sneaky2: At least i know now that for each bag i deliver i will also take two full wheel barrows or so too. :thumbup:

I was wondering for those who use 1m3 bags how neatly do you put the logs in them and how many logs roughly are in them??

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Depnds how big your logs are bud.Only tip I found was to make sure the corners are packed tight that way bag is opend up as big as possible I only deliver in nets or trailer loads now the bags proved too much hassle and had very little interest in them in my area.

If you sold them a cubic meter bag then I would leave it at that. If you give away 2 barrow loads for free it might be expected every time.

Well said that man. Your understandably worried about losing a customer , but unless he has said that the load was a bit light then i guarantee that hes happy with what hes got , especially as it was dead elm (numro uno). I sell my logs by the hilux load and there is approx 340 logs depending on size for £65. To put your mind at rest go and have a drink with him and get the conversation on to your logs.

Good advice here from guys who know what they are doing. Never, ever go back and offer more for free. As stated earlier, it becomes expected and the client may think you short changed him. No way to start a business relationship. If you delivered what was agreed and did a fair transaction then that's that. Pat yourself on the back.

Varty's suggestion of having a drink and getting the subject on to your logs is absolutely spot on. In business school they call that "after sales" and "business intelligence gathering". I would call it common sense and the right thing to do.

Good luck to you.

You must, I assume, be handling the 1m3 bags at the yard end with a loader of some sort? in which case regarding filling them give the bag a good jounce when the bag is nearly full, this helps settle the logs and also makes for a better stack of bags if you cut a lot up in advance.:thumbup1: