Moderator please!

County4x4

If one of the moderators could get back to me on this I'd appreciate it!

One of the regular contributors to the Green Living forum has tried to register as a member here and been rejected - though he's not sure why.

Here's a copy of his post on GLF this morning:

When you run a few saws and manage your own woods a forum like Arbtalk is interesting. But hey I didn't meet their criteria so registration knocked back.

Never had that happen before. Must be a friendly bunch.

Dave

Dave's user name on GLF is ballibeg and he's always come across as a pleasant sort of bloke, so he was wondering how or why he'd failed the registration process, and if he could be "let in" as it were?

If one of the mods could have a look and let me ko#now that would be great!

Cheers for now,

Andy

If one of the moderators could get back to me on this I'd appreciate it!

One of the regular contributors to the Green Living forum has tried to register as a member here and been rejected - though he's not sure why.

Here's a copy of his post on GLF this morning:

Dave's user name on GLF is ballibeg and he's always come across as a pleasant sort of bloke, so he was wondering how or why he'd failed the registration process, and if he could be "let in" as it were?

If one of the mods could have a look and let me ko#now that would be great!

Cheers for now,

Andy

Hi Andy,

i get in excess of 100 spam registrations each and every day, and as such i monitor new registrations very closely.....some of them are obviously spam, but others not so. its probable with a combination of his username that doesnt make a lot of sense(not that theres anything wrong with that but its a tell tale sign of a spam bot), email address, and an untraceable IP address, he was mistaken as a spam bot by me.

Please reassure him its nothing personal and if he'd like to register again listing me as his referrer i'll ensure his registration goes through, and send my apologies please :001_smile:

Cheers for that Steve - understand completely, and I actually said to him that his user name may have sounded a little strange and that could be the reason. It obviously means something to him - I'll have to find out what! I know the Navitron forum do exactly the same thing and reject the odd sounding ones due to the amount of spam they were getting hit with. So no need for apologies, and I'll pass your message on now.

Thanks for that mate,

Andy

Thanks for sorting registration. Ballibeg is an old Argyll Township where I used to live, just outside Lochgilphead.

Not Ball Bag as has been suggested on the other forum!

Dave

See if you didn't say the ball bag bit i wouldn't of thought it, but now everytime i see your name i think it.:biggrin: So now ball bag it is then :001_tt2:

Welcome to the forum by the way :001_smile:

and an untraceable IP address

One of the joys of mobile internet, whether from i phones or laptops, giving the joyous "cant resolve host name" for the IP address and this sets all the alarm bells going. I just hit delete all and dont notify user buttons!!!!!!

Oh and welcome Ballibeg, hope you enjoy it here :thumbup: