VHS tapes!!

Rupe

Does anyone still use VHS?

I haven't had a player set up in my living room for years, all the tapes are in a box in the office and I have replaced some of them with DVD now.

Yet I still can't bring myself to chuck them away!! Even the ones that I now have on proper (not even copied from tape) DVD!!

my parents have dozens of old home videos of us as kids, i love watching them at theirs, i would love to get them all put on cd or hard drive just incase the tapes get too old or break. They are priceless. I have some vids of me climbing when i first started aswell that customers sent me, i think i will dig them out and go and see mum and dad and try and copy them with my iphone.

My computer could accept an analogue signal from vhs and record to hard drive and then to DVD. I put some old climbing ones on youtube that way. Definatly worht doing stevie, not sure if you can do it to iPhone though, that would be cool.

one of them free magazines for local businesses came through the door today and just before i chucked it into the fire i noticed a company offering a vhs to dvd or harddrive etc service, i'd look up the details but hate junkmail so am surprised that this much info made it as far as my head..:001_smile:

Edited by armchairarborist
reason not given

my parents have dozens of old home videos of us as kids, i love watching them at theirs, i would love to get them all put on cd or hard drive just incase the tapes get too old or break. They are priceless. I have some vids of me climbing when i first started aswell that customers sent me, i think i will dig them out and go and see mum and dad and try and copy them with my iphone.

I think you can get a video player that has both a DVD and VHS player , now I'm not to sure but I think there's one that records from the VHS straight to DVD

For instant

Panasonic DMR-EZ49V DVD/VHS Recorder

Sweet hey

From Bobs iPhone