Have you got any logs left ??

Dave Martin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after shifting the 600 cube dave will you still be shifting it in barrow bags? and with your profit go for a brand new back operation:thumbdown:

No .... I`m hoping that someone else will be shifting the 600 cube :biggrin: .... and yes I am quickly realising that Barrow bags are hard work ( as I expected to ) but there are many ways to sell logs and I just see this first year as a steep learning curve. When I first thought of selling logs it was always going to be to retail customers because I have 300 potential customers but it hit a bit of a snag. You never know Log Baron one day I may be ordering 3000 nets a week from you :thumbup1:

well dave, thats why we do mostly wholesale, pallets on a forklift me and the sister in law can shift about :thumbup1:- barrow bags - leave to you beefy boys with your hernias and overweight transits:lol:

its like ive always said in my previous threads - logs are hard work and there will be a lot coming back out of them after year 1, when they realise the amount of kit and man power you need to shift stuff.

hope its all ok thou Dave - joking aside:001_huh:

buy off the baron and save yourself alot of work:thumbup:

joy

I still have loads.sadly Market in my area has become shockingly over saturated,Even the local greasy burger vendor has started selling logs.Who knows they may not be back next year.

All I know is the idiots have tried out bidding one another with prices,and it has Driven the prices so low I cannot compete it has ruined my sales this year,ruined being understatement ib has slaughtered my sales!

And left me a very cheesed off character

But Steve , your the one thats always saying that people should buy unseasoned so therefore the selling season should, could, be more than six months.

I have given up on that idea I was a young 41 year old with high ideals after another year in logs and a bad back. I had a conversation with a wise old gentleman and he explained no matter where you go in the world you cant educate pork. I should take a leaf out of the governments book £80 a cu in summer and £200 a cu in January. Rather than giving value for money in bags of logs and comparing btus just check what they cost at B&Q and drop the price by 50p. I have had large organisations trying to haggle the price of our bags of logs down to £1.35 only to find they sell online for £6.99 . I am 42 now all grown up. :thumbup1: