help a newbie with pricing :)

chrissishrimp

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do mixed loads of softwood & second grade hardwoods @ £85 per 1m3 bag and hardwood grade 1 (Ash, Beech etc) @ £105 per 1m3, all dry and ready to burn. Much less than this and you may as well stay in bed!

stay in bed really? I sell 2.5 m3 of garde 1 as you put it ash and beech for £130 and thats £52 a cube and make money at it!! all depends on what it cost to get the wood!!

NO IT DOESNT.... even if you get your wood for nothing thats to cheap ... all the hard work is the cost element.

I beg to differ!!! It takes me 2 hours to saw with a chainsaw then split with a single blade logsplitter. So that works out at £65/hour. Ok there is running costs say £10 now down to £60/hour. Then delivery with the transit tipper maybe half hour round trip and £10 of fuel so still taking in £44/hour. Thats not too shabby in my opinion!! :biggrin:

I beg to differ!!! It takes me 2 hours to saw with a chainsaw then split with a single blade logsplitter. So that works out at £65/hour. Ok there is running costs say £10 now down to £60/hour. Then delivery with the transit tipper maybe half hour round trip and £10 of fuel so still taking in £44/hour. Thats not too shabby in my opinion!! :biggrin:

i agree with wee jim, fair enough if firewood is your only income, but as logs are a sideline to tree work for me, they are done when its pouring with rain or work is quiet, so i think any sort of income is better than sitting in the house on rainy days twiddling your thumbs :thumbup1:

Insurance

Depreciation ( equipment and vehicles )

Storage costs for at least 1 year cut and split

Clothing

Costs of taking stock to yard

Banking costs

Telephone

Etc etc etc

Insurance

Depreciation ( equipment and vehicles )

Storage costs for at least 1 year cut and split

Clothing

Costs of taking stock to yard

Banking costs

Telephone

Etc etc etc

Yeah even with these costs it is still worth while!! even if you come out with £10/£15/hour then that a good wage too!!

But how would I pay the Butler, Chauffeur, Groundsman, Gardener, Cook and Handyman on that sort of wage :laugh1:

Ah well now you will have to import them for the eastern european countrys give them minimum wage and a carvavan to live in then take £2/h off the wage for accomodation etc!! :lol: