Advertising in supermarkets

Dave Martin

I leave A5 flyers. I would say that 95% of my calls produce sales ... because I`m a very nice man :biggrin: .... I really do think that I need to pull out all stops to get my website up and running .... would you believe I used to turn over 6 million a year in a former life .... not logs though :001_rolleyes:

Bit of snow you should do that in a week. Turnover vanity profit sanity :thumbup1:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad this post was started as I was going to post a similar one getting everyone to post up there free ways of adverstizing to help each other .

I did looki into the supermarket thing with the little cards it was going to set me back 11 per week i think they said so I say no thanks I dont think supermarkets would work as everone juat wants to get there food and get through the tills as fast as possible and out the door .

I am new to advertizing so all my work comes from card drops through the doors I go and pick area to dorp and do it all on foot i also if I see a house that needs work doing on my travles I will stop and card goes in door . it does work. but I have to dorp aprox 80 cards to 1 job so it pays for its self its hard leg work but as still in my first year of trading I am still at the advertizing stage.

The other ways I advertize is in coffee shops , caffs ,chippys,pubs, restrants,shops, everywhere I go I allways have a stack of well made up and large cards with everyting I do on them my website and photo of me up a tree and my webstie too. my cards really stand out .

when i sell my junk at car boot sales I have my bill board with my company and my oversized postcards all along the table. I use the selling of my junk as a way into conversations and getting my cards into there hands.

I never leave the house without them as all the time you are meeting different people. I make sure that my cards get into there hands . most people that you meet will have a garden and mabe trees that will need work doing . Think how many people that you chat or meet in a day when your not working these people are all waiting for your cards .

everytime I eat a new place my cards make there way in with me .

you have to remember where you have put them and remember to revisit and refill them .

I have one add in my local village mag for 24 quid a year that has netted me 5 days work so far she lives in my village so now its round everywhere what I do as I did a massive job for her and she tells everone what a nice job I did for them and shows them her garden so now more spin offs from that.

The local newspapers I dont bother with they are expensive and I dont think they would work .

Anyone with more different and free or low cost idears please post them up

Littletree

Hey little tree

I get all my work from card dropping People will always say its a bad way But i woudent of have one days work yet 4 months down the line I get 250 A5 flyers made up and drop all 250 a month over 20 villages where im based Its still by far the best way of work they cost me around £11 and i have made it back with just ones day

I do the same as you and tree i see not safe ill drop a flyer in the door As long as they are high grade and smart looking It will stand up from the ***** ones

Im also in in my local village mag witch has also brought in alot of work its goes to around 13,000 homes each and every month

Best of luck and word of mouth is still the best way :)