Emergency call out charges

Hodge

It would be against trading standards surely to advertise 24hr call-out if you didn't have a team on call to go and handle anything. Even more so if you turn your mobile off and dont have an office or..... If you like a drink in an evening.

i would just charge to do the job, then again, i dont advertise emergency work. i doubt anybody would ring at 1am? they would wait till the daylight and then its operating hours so why charge an extra fee?

You could well charge a fee if you have to cancel another job that you were booked in for that day. How much depends on the job, sometime I would love an excuse to not do council work so any call outs would be free, but if you were booked in for a specific job with a good customer with loads of potential further work, no amount of fees would make it worthwhile canceling.

2 men truck and chipper -

Very Anti-social hours (after 7pm and Sundays) - £250 for first hour then £150 per hour

Anti social hours (after 5pm and Saturdays) - £200 for first hour then £125 per hour

Within normal work hours - £150 for first hour then £95 per hour