Marketing

Yeti

Hey folks,was just wondering what your prefferd method of advertisement was and which yielded best results.I'm on a shoestring budget,and sadly alot of "quality" log suppliers have popped up in my area and I wish to open up to a larger audience.And get the word out alot more

I've tried the supermarket notice boards and local store windows,and there are posters up all over the noticboards in the local shipyard.

I am flapping incase my sales hit any lower

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,was just wondering what your prefferd method of advertisement was and which yielded best results.I'm on a shoestring budget,and sadly alot of "quality" log suppliers have popped up in my area and I wish to open up to a larger audience.And get the word out alot more

I've tried the supermarket notice boards and local store windows,and there are posters up all over the noticboards in the local shipyard.

I am flapping incase my sales hit any lower

Depends on your capacity and area coverage.

Try your local community centres, churches, parish notice boards. Also speak to the local companies installing wood burners ect... the internet has been really useful for new business but we are a big company with a range of services...

godd luck:thumbup:

Cheers lorry and Steve I'll try a search and see what it yields.I only post from my i phone so not sure if this little thing will have capabilities to search.

ne bother mate was the same here for a while when i moved house waiting for the broadband to be connected. You should be ok with logs I reckon,all the log suppliers seem to be crying out for wood and almost everyone i talk to is installing a log burner so much so I've stopped giving my timber away stocking up for next year:001_smile: if it does well itl be my xmas fund for the twins

sign writing on your vehicle mate, if you want to keep it local then it is by far the best:thumbup1:

Would you recommend proper sign writing or the stick on magnetic ones?

I was only on a small scale to locals and family friends,but after nearly ending in prison I now have no choice but self employment.I have four acres of land and storeage and just want to take this sucker to the sky.So any help from you guys is priceless and greatly apprceiated thank you

ey up big man - we all love logs but dont take it too far:001_tt2:

is your land near a road? could you put a sign at the end of your lane? or similar, post flyers in your local pub or post office? try ebay for local sales? what about driving around with a load on and parking up in your local busy car park , i guarantee someone will come over and ask how much and can i buy a similar load etc - print a few cards cheap or photocopy something to hand out - could ask your local coal merchant to work in with you a bit?

hope this gives you a bit of someting to go on, oh and those magnetic signs will help cheap but effective anything will do to start, we started many moons ago with something i photocopied and laminated for our old series II landrover windows, it worked, and cost very little.

all the best

j.

Thanks J.laminated sign in window of vehicle as I type and ordered cards from vistaprint 250 for nothing but shipping of £3 87 thought that was very reasonable.

I'm lucky with the land my lane is on the only road in and out of my town,I was just concerened with advertising then maybe getting broke into again...or am I just being paranoid haha?