Is this allowed?

swinny

Its fine though I'm not sure who would disallow it anyway.

Its a bit ever done though!! The petzl crab to the micro pulley is unecessary, its not load bearing. In fact the easiest way of doing it is to use another prussik made of much smaller rope 4-5mm accessory cord will do, attache the prusik above the spliced eye and have it girth hitched or tied/clipped to the micro pulley, that way you can move it up and down the rope to get it as taught as you like.

You don't need a hitchclimber, there are many many ways of getting a pulley to self tend, and this method has been around for while and is probably the easiest and best first step in trying new things.

Hi there I see you have been busy if it works for you then go for it .

for me its the simple way of stright purssic and nothing else have tried various other climbing set ups hitch climbers and pullys and all the other jumble and allways gone back to just a prussic . it simple sticks like glue and I love it but thats just me . .

Threre is no right or wrong set up these days as long as it keeps you where you need to be its a personal choice . you will have so many different systems open for you to try out .

All I can say is enjoy and

go for it .

All the best Littletree:thumbup:

Nice looking kitchen mate

think you may find the prussick tightens up so it will not self tend

Try it out:thumbdown:

yeah, prussic a bit crappy when sodden and covered in slime lol playing about with things makes good understanding of how they work :thumbup1: i've learn't a little from this tnite :)

Edited by swinny

Its fine though I'm not sure who would disallow it anyway.

Its a bit ever done though!! The petzl crab to the micro pulley is unecessary, its not load bearing. In fact the easiest way of doing it is to use another prussik made of much smaller rope 4-5mm accessory cord will do, attache the prusik above the spliced eye and have it girth hitched or tied/clipped to the micro pulley, that way you can move it up and down the rope to get it as taught as you like.

You don't need a hitchclimber, there are many many ways of getting a pulley to self tend, and this method has been around for while and is probably the easiest and best first step in trying new things.

just redone it the way you say but with normal sized prussic cord..... i like it, but need to have a play with some smaller cord as you say, cheers :thumbup:

Glad it's not just me that still climbs on Prussic! Tried the pulley tender - found it useful for climbing ladder with ground worker pulling rope to tend slack for you.

Your setup looks like it would work but consider how many points of failure there are and can they be reduced?

Glad it's not just me that still climbs on Prussic! Tried the pulley tender - found it useful for climbing ladder with ground worker pulling rope to tend slack for you.

Your setup looks like it would work but consider how many points of failure there are and can they be reduced?

i still climb prussic and think its ok, this is just a play around which may lead to something else.....

technically its still just a prussic and rope with a little pulley to tend and nothing else so what can go wrong with that? same as just a rope and prussic, pulley could be taken off at anytime and back to normal method :)

Ive been using a set up like that the only diff.. Is i use another prussiks where you have cliped the karb and insted of a prussiks where yours is.. I use a blakes seems to run nice and some and easy to climb with

just played with that aswell lol, plastic sheath on sewn eye on split tail getting in way so going to try my other split tail sometime.

all this was sparked off by seeing someone climbing with different pulleys etc, one was a petzl pinto?? the other a cmi mickey mouse and plenty on here with the hitch climber lol :lol: