General Tree pics

Andy Collins

Got to ask big A, why did you bother to prune, pick is not that clear... but tree look fairly compact and thin? Look like you took out 40% + of the leaf area. Please don't tack a wall sorry fence, just intrested.

High Scale... you wounder why HSE worry... If you are going to do stupid things like felling with a saw above your head... don't post it on a public forum... That kind of gose for all of you, if you want our industry to be taken seirously.. In High Scales case if it had to be felled there why not do it on spicks, Good cuts mind. Ps when you leave stub Croctch for your rope or cambium saver leave them at least 2 foot long... Climbers when moveing out have had them pop off... don't be a fool and fall... the landing is never prity...

Steve

It appears from some off your photo you don't know how to use the corect cuts for tack downs. I spaose if you only need one hand the saw the other one would not be missed... Not good sir. The 200T is a two handed saw just like all the others, and for all those who say have to use it one handed to get on... B*****s You need to use cuts rigging and prunning saw more. Last year I needed to use my saw one handed twice, even the one time I could have probably work positioned round with hein sight. This year not needed to once.

Alex, most of us dont give a damn about the HSE looking at our pictures.

If we start to pick holes in every pic, pretty soon no-one will post pics. Knowing HighScales level of experience, If he chose to do it that way, it was right for him.

And I bet steve is gonna love you telling him how to make felling cuts :D

Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you. Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother?s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ?Allow me to extract the straw from your eye?; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother?s eye". (matthew 7;1-5)

Mr Ed

I am quite happy to be judged and that why I walk what I talk.... If the pull line sliped off, if the saw hit a dk pocket bit of steal pinched, thined the hing, milk creat gave way... Come on there are photos and photos... Heard the phrace not big not cleaver. Or the Old blood.

There are alot of people who look on here but don't post, If we are going to speack out we need to be sure of what we are shouting. The HSE will probly never see the photos but young guys and girles will... Keep them to your slef is all I'm saying oh and remove all the mirrors from the house to save having to look at your self.... Good samariton sir, or shall I just keep my knowlge to my self and not help others?

Steve

It appears from some off your photo you don't know how to use the corect cuts for tack downs. I spaose if you only need one hand the saw the other one would not be missed... Not good sir. The 200T is a two handed saw just like all the others, and for all those who say have to use it one handed to get on... B*****s You need to use cuts rigging and prunning saw more. Last year I needed to use my saw one handed twice, even the one time I could have probably work positioned round with hein sight. This year not needed to once.

which photos does this refere to and as for using a saw one handed i do not know a tree surgeon that does not use it one handed but i totally agree there is a time and a place which i do feel some people forget but as for twice in a year i can certaily add some 00000 to that

Alex,

I could'nt give a damn about other people looking and not posting - nor young guys and girlies looking.

We do not need you pointing out what you feel is wrong.

As far as I'm aware, its not yet illegal to use an 200t with one hand in certai situations - Although given our current nanny state H&S obsessed government policy, I'm sure it wont be long.

As for my quote, my meaning is this - Put up some pics of your own, and I'm sure people on here could pull them to peices. However -

This is counterproductive to the idea of sharing, and discourages forum posting. So we put up our pictures, and are politely ignore the things we dissagree with.