General Tree pics

Andy Collins

Could you not remove 1 of them panels and fell it? Or speedline?

Really?? Speedline angle would be too short and clip the fence, the back stuff with the drop on the line the lowest limbs would of wiped out the fence and shed roof. Panels are nailed together, the client wasnt worried about them getting broken but in my eyes thats not the point. Felling it theres too much weight backwards and too much risk of smashing stuff or hitting the garage. The only other way this tree was getting down would be a crane from the main road or platform both of which would of out priced me on this job.

More pics and did anyone spot the well??

_MG_0254.jpg.ec9cce06cd1f1c691100a1aae1205939.jpg

_MG_0250.jpg.c24e49ceed0e942fc4a735d259dc3225.jpg

_MG_0243.jpg.5fb1d08a23bf1458d6e79754775deb05.jpg

_MG_0241.jpg.f144f82b72c6d09e388199d7b22bb2e4.jpg

_MG_0237.jpg.30d69fee9f9f4052a2e910461e4d821c.jpg

Really?? Speedline angle would be too short and clip the fence, the back stuff with the drop on the line the lowest limbs would of wiped out the fence and shed roof. Panels are nailed together, the client wasnt worried about them getting broken but in my eyes thats not the point. Felling it theres too much weight backwards and too much risk of smashing stuff or hitting the garage. The only other way this tree was getting down would be a crane from the main road or platform both of which would of out priced me on this job.

More pics and did anyone spot the well??

Could you have speedlined with my grcs though? Since you can lift the limb up as high as you can get the anchor point. Hard to tell from the pics how much room there is on that concrete.

You can see straight away that tree had a lot of climbing in it.

I thought speedline straight away, then realised if it had been viable you'd have been on it like a fat kid on a Smartie.

What's the plan for the stem? Pushing chogs off, rigging or VSL?

Could you have speedlined with my grcs though? Since you can lift the limb up as high as you can get the anchor point. Hard to tell from the pics how much room there is on that concrete.

about 7ft, i honestly dont think a grcs lifting capabilities would win out here. Maybe of been handy to lift 2 of the rear limbs. If your balancing was wrong on a speedline then you would be reaching for your wallet to pay the client. The fall angle would be too great and wouldnt clear the object.

Just one of those slow lowering in big pieces jobs. High risk with a not great reward as most domestic jobs seem to be these days. But stuff like this is what i do these days, i think it was a good few weeks ago i had a tree in a clear space which was a drop a go.

about 7ft, i honestly dont think a grcs lifting capabilities would win out here. Maybe of been handy to lift 2 of the rear limbs. If your balancing was wrong on a speedline then you would be reaching for your wallet to pay the client. The fall angle would be too great and wouldnt clear the object.

Just one of those slow lowering in big pieces jobs. High risk with a not great reward as most domestic jobs seem to be these days. But stuff like this is what i do these days, i think it was a good few weeks ago i had a tree in a clear space which was a drop a go.

But if your balancing was out its no different to on a normal rigging line it wont go down the speedline till you let it, but sure you did what you could, its 90% of my work tight jobs like that. Yesterday i was picking up 15inch diameter birch trees with the grcs and avoiding the obsticles around snedding them out as we lower the whole tree. Long as were all making money and not breaking things who cares how we get the job done. :biggrin:

But if your balancing was out its no different to on a normal rigging line it wont go down the speedline till you let it, but sure you did what you could, its 90% of my work tight jobs like that. Yesterday i was picking up 15inch diameter birch trees with the grcs and avoiding the obsticles around snedding them out as we lower the whole tree. Long as were all making money and not breaking things who cares how we get the job done. :biggrin:

And what about weight transfer on the line?? :confused1: even if your using 2 separate lines. One line it would be even greater. Speedlines are great if you can achieve jigher angles than its load point. normally i loose between 1 & 1.5m height when at the mid point under load. Its impossible to achieve a non sagging line. :thumbup: