New inexpensive climbing kit...

Xerxses

sounds like it has a lot of advantages, worth while knowing about srt. Does anyone know of any links or diagrams etc showing the setups that can be used so that the ones of us that dont know can look it up and have a go

josh

yea id be interested in that too.

can you ascend SRT on just a friction hitch? (perhaps with a pulley or something)?

never tried it before thats all

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I made my own version of Kevin Bingham's singing tree rope wrench over the weekend.:thumbup:

It is made out of boxwood. About 9 inches long and 2x2inches wide. The hole for the climbing line is about 14/15mm because I am using 13mm rope. For the accessory cord holes about 11mm as Im using 10mm friction cord to attatch to the hitchclimber. The hole for the climbing line is at approximately 45 degrees to the plane of the wrench. These were the directions Kevin gave me.

It's not the ideal piece of wood for the job as it had a few small cracks. But boxwood is very dense and hard so it should be pretty good for the job. To be honest, I didnt think it would be that great or much of an improvement climbing on a single line for the whole tree but for the little amount of time I have used it so far it has been very good:thumbup1: Ive got a kong robot coming in the post to try also. When Kevin gets his alloy rope wrench into production I will be getting one; apparently it is going to be attachable mid-line too which is a plus.

P1090184.jpg.dbf9f112ece41d6f97113988479cf34d.jpg

P1090179.jpg.7a69405c3337e22917d2ec813eb47b23.jpg

P1090178.jpg.66b7cb7c6fbe3bb26b67e9d6567e27bb.jpg

Cool. Nice work. When i get time Im going to make one to.

Cheers. It's not finished just yet. Needs a lot of sanding to smooth out the rough bits. I was too excited about testing it out to worry at the time:blushing: